• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mall sign help needed

dakotasignwerks

I have a dilema. My client wants rear-lit letters with this logo. he also wants the city scape to be lit as well as the lower tag line. We proposed a cabinet sign to look like the top drawing. response was anything but positive. I have been told by multiple channel letter guys that the stroke is too small to back light. anybody have alternative options to suggest? Thanks for looking and replying.

Attachments

• out of town jpg.jpg
    out of town jpg.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 84

wildside

first thought of mine would be to do an acrylic sign face routed to shape, cover it in black vinyl to block out that you want black letting the white show through

make standoffs to hold it out and have lights, LED or whatever behind it, makes the letters glow and will do a halo effect around the sign for the most part

TwoNine

Aluminum Can, CNC routed aluminum face, fabricated aluminum retainers, LED lighting, push-thru acrylic lettering/logos.....We're making some like this right now. I'll PM you with my info for more details...

visual800

after all these suggestions he will get a coroplast sign with black vinyl and place a table lamp behind it!...yeah you know it.

seriously I would do an all black face and stroke the outline of the city thicker and then the lettering like in option one, he cant have his cake and eat it too. what hes asking for is not reasonable if Im reading this right

letterman7

Aluminum Can, CNC routed aluminum face, fabricated aluminum retainers, LED lighting, push-thru acrylic lettering/logos.....We're making some like this right now. I'll PM you with my info for more details...

This... looks like a pretty straightforward job to me. You need to find different channel letter guys.

nwsigns

yep - thats the way to go. It is way to small for channel letters but they should have given you some suggestions. Malls are usually very picky about the signage with strict requirements so you probably dont have that many options.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Mall sign rules!

yep - thats the way to go. It is way to small for channel letters but they should have given you some suggestions. Malls are usually very picky about the signage with strict requirements so you probably dont have that many options.

First things first! According to the LEASE, what is he allowed to do; NOT what he THINKS he is allowed to do; or what he THINKS they SAID he was allowed to do

buckssigns

Sorry, I cannot help asking why a cityscape for a business called "Out of Town"?
I'm sure its blindingly obvious to everyone else so, I'll be hunting for my dunce's cap as soon as maybe.