• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Cutters Are Awesome!!

charlie3238

Actually they`re JUNK... but I got your attention. Can`t wait for my Gerber to get here so I can take this thing to the shooting range but until then I have a job to do. My problem is I`m doing 1/2" lettering on some small wall tiles. When I cut it`s leaving small curves on the insides of the letters when it should have sharp corners. The only thing I can think of is it`s where the blade is rotating to make the curve but would like some other input. I`m using Flexisignpro and a desay master XY380P cutter. I`ll attach a pic so you can see what I`m talking about. Thanks and PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• MASTER CUTTER PICS 001.jpg
    MASTER CUTTER PICS 001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 118

Dove

Is the Knife or carriage loose? It looks like the blade overshoots in the direction of travel before being brought back on to the correct line. It could also be knife offset .... May be

ChiknNutz

You've just invented a new type-face....BIG BUX there! Woo Hoo, do you know what a GoldMine you've got there?!

Yikes, looks like it's either a serious mechanical flaw or there is some sort of software offset that's clearly outta whack.

TheSnowman

Wow, that thing cuts like a turd. I don't have any advice, but congrats on the new one you've got coming to you.

charlie3238

Is the Knife or carriage loose? It looks like the blade overshoots in the direction of travel before being brought back on to the correct line. It could also be knife offset .... May be

Thats exactly what it looks like.....Everything is tight on this thing though. I`ve done bigger signs and it works perfect but have never done anything this small.

I`ll post the youtube video when I feed it lead.:ROFLMAO:

totalimage

Take the blade holder out and soak it in mineral spirits... let it soak for about a hour them blow into it to get any dirt out. We have a master and graphtec but still use the master...I guess we got the only good one...but the loudest one i bet...

charlie3238

Here you go. This should fix you up nice as long as there is no blade/holder issues. Enjoy.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18838&highlight=master+cutter

THANK YOU!! Problem solved.

I called the master warehouse earlier and they told me it DEFINETLY wasn`t an issue w/ the Flexi setting but it was the cutter. He told me I needed to drop it off two hours away, Pay a $100.00 service charge and then parts on top of that! Then he called me back and told me what a great sale they were having on their cutters and how I should buy another one!

johnny_loves_amy

johnny_loves_amy

Thanks to all!!!!!! I just used this method on my Bridge Pro and it is working effortless.. This saved us from having to invest in a new plotter for the time being.. This is the greatest site, with the most helpful people.. God Bless to all!!!

Johnny

charlie3238

So what exactly solved the problem? Was the knife offset wrong or?

Yes the knife offset was wrong (which I changed to 0.012) The curve quality was on high when it should of been low or medium and the packet settings were at 8KB instead of 1000 KB. What a difference! I`m might just keep it as a backup instead of using it as target practice. Thank you for answering my post and of course to sandrailgraphics for initially posting this! You guys are great. Cheers

Sticker Dude

I just bough a Roland pnc-1410 and still have my Master
I had the same problem with the PNC I corrected now
but I will keep my Master till I die Best cutter for the price never had 1 problem with it an bought it late of 1999

totalimage

I just bough a Roland pnc-1410 and still have my Master
I had the same problem with the PNC I corrected now
but I will keep my Master till I die Best cutter for the price never had 1 problem with it an bought it late of 1999

Being a Professional, as yourself, uses a cheap crappy Master Cutter. Now come on!!!

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use a cheap Masters cutter...

I'll qualify that with my husband does. He's got it in TN with him and still uses it at least weekly. It was our main cutter for almost 3 years and MORE than earned it's money back over and over.

signmeup

But once again, the cutter was not to blame. It was not set up properly in the ($4000 dollar?)software. Why can't you expensive cutter snobs get this?:biggrin:

Techman

But once again, the cutter was not to blame. It was not set up properly in the ($4000 dollar?)software. Why can't you expensive cutter snobs get this?

Because expenisve cutter snobs do not endure all kinds of gyrations, beg help on a website, and other needless forplay to get their machine to run correctly right out of the box...