• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Advice

EbsWeb5150

Besides 3M material. I have a trailer that is at least 15ft. long by 8ft. h
the graphic area is going to be 60"x45" what material would be the best to do this on. Some sort of Bubble Free but, what brand and what millimeter.

EbsWeb5150

Please a straight answer would be nice

i said not 3m because of cost.
3M IS REAL PROUD OF THERE S*?t

Please would like some part numbers from other venders

Gino

Premium Subscriber

A V E R Y with matching laminate.

You want straight ??
No, you never mentioned that you were cheap and wanted something less expensive.
No, you never mentioned you wanted part numbers, just thicknesses.

It's starting to get a little ridiculous around here, when someone who doesn't know jack chit about the industry starts back-talking to perfectly legitimate answers, then demanding better answers.

If you know what you do and don't want, why don't you do your own research if these people's answers won't meet your requirements ??

What a frickin' attitude ?? :banghead:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

A V E R Y with matching laminate.

You want straight ??
No, you never mentioned that you were cheap and wanted something less expensive.
No, you never mentioned you wanted part numbers, just thicknesses.

It's starting to get a little ridiculous around here, when someone who doesn't know jack chit about the industry starts back-talking to perfectly legitimate answers, then demanding better answers.

If you know what you do and don't want, why don't you do your own research if these people's answers won't meet your requirements ??

What a frickin' attitude ?? :banghead:

:goodpost:

EbsWeb5150

Let me start all over again...

I'm so sorry people. Got off on the wrong foot.
I'm going to be doing a trailer the trailer size is 15ft. long by 8ft. high

My graphic is going to be 60in long by 45 inches high.
installed on a flat trailer with rivets two sides and the back.Since I'm not wrapping this whole trailer I did not want to spend a lot on 3M Material I'm not cheap I was looking for a more cost effective way of doing this project.
I was looking for Arlon Air Release or a Mactac Bubble Free. My boss was thinking of using Avery A9 Cast white with a standard gloss over laminate
But I suggested something with a air release to help us on the install end of the job. I know everybody loves the 3M as do I but we dont do a lot of wraps to buy a 54" roll of 3M Control Tac with Comply and a 54" roll of cast laminate
Just looking into different alternatives. Thanks again to the very friendly people at signs 101 for all your help in this matter.

Flame

If you're going over rivets, go with a wrap material. period. If you can get 3951 I love that stuff. 3551 might even squeak through, never know. I've pulled miracles off with 3551 with the right amount of heat.

Remove the rivets and you're golden. It's a flat surface! Once again, I like oracal so might suggest 3651.

I'm not a 3M fan either but they do have some decent products, will admit.

GVP

If your graphic is than 20 sq.ft a side, why would you even consider something cheaper - I mean, how much are you going to save?

Flame

If your graphic is than 20 sq.ft a side, why would you even consider something cheaper - I mean, how much are you going to save?

I'm assuming because he'd have to buy a complete roll. I don't know about him, but I don't keep multiple brands of wrap material in my shop....

But, maybe I shouldn't assume.

jiarby

but we dont do a lot of wraps

Then order the print from a wholesale vendor that carrys the material. You can pay for just the print without having to shell out $1k for a roll that you will only use a fraction of.

I'd use Chris at AZProSigns! </shameless plug>