• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material ID

gplough

Can someone tell me what type of material this is or what type is generally used with this type of curved display (photos should be attached)? Appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_5416.JPG
    IMG_5416.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 158
  • JIXL9143.JPG
    JIXL9143.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
I would think polystyrene or foam pvc would be ideal for that type of display. In the photo, it looks like a banner but if it was a banner I doubt you'd be asking so I'm gonna go with polystyrene. Is it somewhat rigid?

MikePro

that would be in the semi-rigid film category, either PVC, PET, polyester, in the 8mil+ range. Polycarb is even available at .030" (...40mil?), possibly thinner, that you could roll it up "easily". Secure it with velcro or dbl. sided tape. ezpz.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
It looks like styrene. But styrene is usually opaque. In the photo of the backside, the material looks like it has some translucency. Perhaps for backlighting.

MikePro

i'd think you'd want opaque anyways, or at least barely trans., else lighting would cause you to see the shadow of the framework through the material.

signheremd

That looks like .030 polycarbonate. Most often we use PET banner material which is a "rigid" banner that is still flexible enough to be rolled up. Usually UV flatbed print, sometimes laminate, and velcro it onto such a frame. Hope that helps

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call your distributor and ask them if they sell display header material. It usually has a pebbly type finish and is good for backlit or opaque usage. Works best when you letter in reverse on the backside to prevent glaring from lights and other reflections. It is some sorta poly material. I think what we have is .020 and clear.

Steenland

Old Member
It could be a print that has been encapsulated between an overlaminate and a 10-mil backing material. I used to produce a lot of trade show displays that way. (Except that the backing material was opaque.)