• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

McMaster-Carr - this one might be a record

TimToad

With GEMINI charging an arm and a leg for threaded studs and sending only enough to cover each job now, I dug around and went to an old hardware source, McMaster-Carr for a dimensional letter project we need about 1,500 studs for.

I ordered 2,000 1"x 3/16" threaded zinc coated studs last night AFTER 5pm west coast time and they just arrived with our regular UPS delivery today. No rush shipping charges, no nothing.

Just outstanding service and a great price to boot.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
McMaster Carr is indispensible for me. I order all my hardware from them in just the amounts I need. No stocking. No going to the hardware store and sifting through their bins. And they have engineer drawings and specs on most of their items. Amazing company, and have been for years (no shop was complete without their fat yellow catalog on the shelf).

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto for me as well...their web site is like the big Christmas catalog I remember as a kid...and it comes complete with the thrill of seeing the UPS truck pull in the driveway the very next day.

Uline is also top notch for delivering that extra "wow" every time I order from them.

JB

TimToad

Ditto for me as well...their web site is like the big Christmas catalog I remember as a kid...and it comes complete with the thrill of seeing the UPS truck pull in the driveway the very next day.

Uline is also top notch for delivering that extra "wow" every time I order from them.

JB

How often has ANY supplier gotten product to you in less than 24 hours?

These companies have invested heavily in their fulfillment and shipping processes and it shows.

MikePro

huge +1 on Uline for me as well, especially via their web ordering platform, but if you need to call it in they'll literally take your phone call at any time at night.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
McMaster-Carr is my go-to for literally anything and everything. Order by 6Pm, and it's delivered the next day. Don't need it? Send it back with absolutely no hassle. Calling in, their CS team is full of knowledge. If you ever are in the area of a McMaster-Carr DC, I suggested visiting. I went to their Douglasville location and it blew me away.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
When I was in Atlanta running an exhibit company graphics division, we'd get deliveries from McMaster 5-7 times a week and usually same day as ordered. The fabrication shop manager placed all the orders from them, so I'm not sure if there were expedited/courier fees, but the fact that we got that many deliveries and the same guy always delivered, it seemed like he was a McMaster employee.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
If I need 5 or 6 of something I no longer bother looking in town. Typically, there will only be 1 or 2 on the shelf and I'll have to go back home and order it anyway.

JB

Gene@mpls

If you use Fusion 360 you can import almost all of their parts and hardware into your designs so you don't have to model them.