• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media "Jumping" Forward

Well, on to the next problem for the week.

This started yesterday - while printing (or even moving the media forward or backward) it will all of a sudden make an inconsistent jump. So, of course, while printing it makes a jump and the print is ruined..

Any ideas..i'll snap a photo if needed.

It's a Mutoh VJ 1604.

Just to clarify..as the media is feeding..it does not feed consistently. The head will make a few passes and the media feed rate is fine, then it will all of a sudden make a leap, then prints normal, then a leap, etc.'

and with each leap, the print of course "skips"...

Anyone dealt with this..?

Thanks!

SE SignSupply

I just finished up with a customer that had the EXACT issue you are having.

It's not the motor but the encoder for the PF. The disk is either scratched or warped (most likely warped).

Call me @ 919-363-1722 if you need help.

Ryan

Well, I ordered a motor from SW. Keith was a big help as always, so I will keep my fingers crossed that this fixes the problem. If not, back to the drawing board..but, it's Friday so I am not going to let it ruin my weekend - it's been a hectic week. I'll update everyone tomorrow, going to swap in the new motor and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the help guys, Signs 101 and the knowledgeable and friendly people on here are a blessing :)

SE SignSupply

Well, I ordered a motor from SW. Keith was a big help as always, so I will keep my fingers crossed that this fixes the problem. If not, back to the drawing board..but, it's Friday so I am not going to let it ruin my weekend - it's been a hectic week. I'll update everyone tomorrow, going to swap in the new motor and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the help guys, Signs 101 and the knowledgeable and friendly people on here are a blessing :)

Update?

heyskull

I no from my own experience it is definitley the pf encoder or it's position.
As I have a spare x axis motor now!!!!!

I have a temp fix if you want?

SC