• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Message/Post "Rating/Reaction" options.......

What post "reaction" options would you like to see?

• Total voters

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Dear Signs 101 Admin. We users of this most useful forum, would like to have some input on how we are able to interact and engage on this forum. The former style had options we were used to, and I for one wish some of them would come back. Is there any wiggle room for customization? Is there a limit to the "reaction" options, and can they be customized?

Pleeeaaaase? :D

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I like the random gallery. It does show some awesome stuff. However, due to the randomness, I guess some of our goofier image postings are included. Just ads to the random roulette of the fun site.

SignosaurusRex

There seems to be a lot of non-signs related "crap" media shown, that could be deleted and therefore free up space.
As for "reaction" buttons . . . how about a frowning (smiley) with a big raised eyebrow (big hairy eyeball) for use when questionable or improper information is supplied.

Val47

Yes, some of do miss the hilarious rating points. I thought it was a good status, for when newbies don't know how to read a post (the brief written response is often misunderstood). so, I feel having appropriate reaction/rating data is useful for the researchers. Too bad Paul took that all away with his new awesome ad-driven forum. Sorry, but this new format kinda sucks. I've been trying to adjust and help others, but the experience of engaging now is becoming not worth it.
oh well, business is busy here. I guess I'll come back not to help others, but ask for help when I need it. Hope I don't get crickets.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Away with all the post ratings.
A simple "like" is good enough. People would go around disliking peoples stuff to prove a point and get on their nerves.

A forum for be for asking questions and helping others. Also providing info for the community.

Val47

I like you Pauly, but I disagree. I think the Ratings/Reaction options are very valid.
I don't always have time, or the knowledge or words to respond. I like the option to agree - if I agree. If I don't know enough to agree with a response, I will like the input. I can disagree, rarely do, the newb that I am. I'd like the option to appreciate, or let someone know I get the joke and find it funny. It's an easy way to engage, without having to say something. If you want to disagree... that's ok, but sometimes is an honest question why. If I said something on this forum, that someone I respect disagreed with.. I would want to know why. I might ask them publicly or privately... others do the same.

Val47

Boudica would love to be the HEAD OF THE COMITTEE FOR RATINGS AND REACTIONS ON SIGNS101
and what the icons should be. Thanks for adding back informative, but it should not be a bowing (oh thank you) emoji/symbol.
But I doubt there is any room for bringing on new help. :notworthy: (informative)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I must be blind or stupid because I still don't see how you do those reactions other than agree. Not on mobile at least.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I like you Pauly, but I disagree. I think the Ratings/Reaction options are very valid.
I don't always have time, or the knowledge or words to respond. I like the option to agree - if I agree. If I don't know enough to agree with a response, I will like the input. I can disagree, rarely do, the newb that I am. I'd like the option to appreciate, or let someone know I get the joke and find it funny. It's an easy way to engage, without having to say something. If you want to disagree... that's ok, but sometimes is an honest question why. If I said something on this forum, that someone I respect disagreed with.. I would want to know why. I might ask them publicly or privately... others do the same.
I get where you're coming from. I always use the reacts..
I'm just tired of people disagreeing with people when they have no clue what they're disagreeing about with no reason for the disagreement.

Val47

I get where you're coming from. I always use the reacts..
I'm just tired of people disagreeing with people when they have no clue what they're disagreeing about with no reason for the disagreement.
Which is why I'm advocating for All the options we had, and clearly there is room for other options. Like... Sad . Or angry... I'm liking the angry option. That's me.
Any hoo... It's going to get abused, as it was before. No need to take it away from all because of the idiots.

Val47

Improvements!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-230824__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-230824__01.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 132