• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mildew/grime inside lit channel letters

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Only because there are always a number of contrary answers and suggestions offered here. And that's not meant to be an insult, just that as a novice I have to read through it all and decide what the best solution is for my business and ability.

Normally I'd be all over this one as a good learning experience, but I agree with Gino...the weather, getting accurate rubbings, and just my lack of experience makes this sound like a disaster in the making. Finally got a quote from a national supplier, about $1,500 for eighteen 24" characters with trim cap. I'd rather do it myself and watched some videos on installing trim cap, but I don't have the space or time to do that in-house.
You're only going to learn by doing it and education isn't free. Just have a back up plan but don't be scared to get your hands dirty. Whatever you screw up is the cost of schooling, make good on your mistakes and don't try to pass those costs on to the customer. It pays off in the long run

gnubler

I totally agree with that. This past year has been a crash course in learning, and even on the jobs that ended up without much profit I'm able to write them off as learning experiences. Despite that, I decided to pass on this one. Too much gut feeling of "what could possibly go wrong?". I'll be curious to see what ends up happening to those signs and who does it.