• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ink missing problem

Mega Format

Hello, I have mimaki jv33 it's 5 yrs. old now im having an issue on one magenta head in middle of printing it don't shoot half of my left meganta if I do a fill up ink and cleaning it comes back sometimes for long and sometimes right back half the others are always good. My question is if a new printhead will help for this, or it something else? thanks

MikePro

complete non-fire of test pattern is sometimes a good sign... usually meaning it is anything BUT the expensive part of the printhead itself is failing.
either the capping station is not making proper seal, or airbubble in ink lines between cartridge and printhead would be my best guess.
*try a fillupink (or whatever function in the jv33 cycles the ink through the lines) and see if you can observe anything. listen for hissing at the capping station, or bubbles churning within the ink lines or drain lines or even the dampers.

MikePro

swapping dampers is also an easy way to diagnose if the issue is above or below the printhead.
be gentle, however, as you can dig yourself into a deeper hole if not done properly.

Robert M

Cap tops

I also think it is your cap top. Magenta seems to go first when the cap is not sealing to the bottom of the head,