• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV 33, nozzles missing on all channels

baumanb

Hi,

our Mimaki JV33 equipped with sublimation inks never caused us any problems. Now we are clueless when nozzles don't get clean after on or two cleaning (set to "normal").

We did several cleanings, cleaned head, replaced wiper and capping station, let nozzle wash for 90 min (twice).... no better result.

mimaki-nozzles.jpg

thanks in advance for any help,

best regards,

Boris

heyskull

I have limited knowledge on the JV33.
But our Valuejet runs the same heads.
So my advise is if it has only just showing this bad head print test, is to change the maintenance stations, pumps, wiper assembly, etc.
Also make sure the pump is pulling ink through as they block very easily.
But if it has been like this for a while, the nozzles will be blocked and you will be very lucky to unblock them.

SC

Vinylman

Possible solution

Hi,

our Mimaki JV33 equipped with sublimation inks never caused us any problems. Now we are clueless when nozzles don't get clean after on or two cleaning (set to "normal").

We did several cleanings, cleaned head, replaced wiper and capping station, let nozzle wash for 90 min (twice).... no better result.

View attachment 102943

thanks in advance for any help,

best regards,

Boris

I do not use sublimation ink in my JV33, however,you did NOT mention changing the "dampers", [they are the filters on top of the print head nipples]. These should be changed on a regular maintenance schedule based on how much ink you put through your machine. They are fairly inexpensive, and are VERY important to the operation of the JV33.
As mentioned by "heyskull", check the pump to make sure you are getting FULL vacuum during the cleaning cycles. If you use the search feature on this site you can find a good number of articles regarding how to "pull ink" with a syringe from under the docking station. One last suggestion. Try running cleaning solution down through your docking station to flush out the ink lines going through the pump and into the drain tank. Hope this gets you working.