• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 160sp Head issue?

Redz Signs Inc.

Ok heres the problem..
everything works great untill i perform a nozzel wash and then poof the black head is all screwed up !!! the test draw looks like crap and half if each side of the head is out ... its drivin me nutz i just had the head replaced with no releif from this problem and before i go throwin more omney into it id ask here and see what comes up.
the only way i can get it back to function correctly is to remove back pannel and do a seringe draw untill head test prints correctly and im possitive thats not the way its supose to be .... i run all mimaki ss2 440ml inks my machine looks like new well maintaines cleaned every otherday any help will be better than what im dealing with now .

:thankyou:

Curtis

J Hill Designs

new dampers or maintenance station perhaps...sounds like your black head may not be seating on the cap, or the damper is fouled

Redz Signs Inc.

i JUST PURCHASED A NEW CAPPING STATION FROM MIMAKI AND REPLACED ALL HOSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE STATON THE ONLY THING THATS BETTER FRON THAT IS THE SCREENS ARE CONNECTED TO THE STATION VIA 4 PLASTIC TEETH WITCH IS AWSOME NO MORE SCREEN POPPING OUT AND THEY LOWERED THE PRICE FROM 425 TO 173 :rock-n-roll: . I HAVE NOT CHANGED THE DAMPER THAT WAS MY NEXT PLAN JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM ANY MORE ADVICE ON THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU ..

artbot

post some pics of the test draw. if you say "half" of the pattern is bad.... that can be a bad head adapter. i've had one go out that left a pronounced halo pattern of missing ink in the middle. a missing top or a missing bottom that in intermittent can be your cap is sitting strange and just providing vacuum to a portion of the head. and when head cleans make the head worse, that is a sign that you have a bad clog, again possibly the head adapter...the head cleanings are literally compacting some ink fragments...

pics!

Redz Signs Inc.

thaks for your post the head is new .. And it is completly fine intill i do the wash i havent changed the dampers its almost like the solution gets pushed up into the head during the wash and will not come out untill i suck it out with the seringe. Then its fine untill the next time i do the wash . I canot upload pics at this time due to its not doing it rght now but as soon as it does i will upload pics.

thank you .

keep the post comming please.

MikePro

+1 to the new capping station heads having awesomely attached screens! i just replaced one myself and it made me paranoid, at first, but I LOVE IT!

i had same issue, recently. blue head kept drying out/not drawing ink, and i had realized that it was a capping station issue (not making the seal with the print head). luckily had recently ordered an extra part, so i swapped it out, and everything works great again!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Where did you order that capping station from Redz? I need to replace ours and I'd prefer the newer style and the lower price is not bad either...

Redz Signs Inc.

signt line .. i purchased the caping station from my local supply house called pioneer supplt co. the number is 412) 471-5600 they ordered it directly from mimaki and it is a direct replace ment includes new hoses to the pumps it it absolutly awsome expecaly due to the fact that the screens will NEVER pop out agian .. thanks

the post are great there people here are without a doubt freekin awsome with the number of replys thank you all i think im going to try new dampers there rather cheap so ill do that first also i heard that it could be my pump but if that was the case wouldent the cyan do the same thing its the same pump??????:thankyou: