• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv3-160sp NO POWER

i replaced the dampers on the magenta head, primed the head and i went to turn on the machine and the green light flickers once and nothing else happens. it wont boot up or anything help what can i do

artbot

absolutely stop attempting to turn it on. unplug it immediately. you probably have some ink on your heads.

radiohead223

i've had a similar thing before and artbot is right. don't attempt to turn it on again as a bit of fluid would have got onto the boards of the heads and shorted something. hopefully it hasn't fried the slider board or even the main board.

time to call a tech guy to come out and they will have to swap out boards to see what is fried

i pulled one of the data cables off of the magenta head and it has a burnt end on one side like it arced out.... lets say that is what happened what damage can that do to the printer

artbot

thought i responded.... crashed at the computer from long hours.

your printer is attempting to not fry itself by not turning on. as far as looking for a reason. turn it off, unplug it, and take off all the dampers. if there isn't visibly spilled ink on a head or slider board, it may have gotten into your data inlet.

when doing damper changes and such, ink can drip onto the data ribbon and follow the ribbon all the way into the plug on your head. if you see some, this can be carefully cleaned out by first removing the head. cut some card stock the width of your data cable. soak it in some solution and insert into the data inlet. it will pick up a bit of ink. continue doing this forever until you don't get a trace of ink.

but only do this if you are confident you can remove a head without further zapping the printer.

MikePro

+1 to arbot, as I did it to my cyan head a while back. take care when doing the card stock scrub, as you can also get little bits of paper stuck in the slot when you insert it too hard... which shreds and becomes very hard to get out if there's not enough tension strength in the paper to pull it back out in one piece.

radiohead223

the ribbion cables can fry the slider boards at times but i have done the same and it just damaged the cable and that was all and other time it did damage the head but that was at a time when the head was being replaced anyway.

only ever remove and replace those ribbion cables when all power is turned off.

myself be call a tech guy still if there is no power going to the lights and control panel. seems like it would be a main board or slider board that has gone so a tech guy should be able to swap parts out to see which ones need to be replaced

artbot

macmedia diagnoses slider boards for $40. and kent is very honest. i sent him a slider board and it came up fine. he can rebuild a slider board for $200! if that is the issue.

as far as the burnt cable. that isn't good. i'd predict at least a fried head and maybe slider board. do you have an old crappy clogged head that doesn't throw an error 07? if so you can unplug the head in question. replace or repair your data ribbon, and just plug in the damaged head (duct tape it to your carriage, you don't have to install it). see if it turns on.

fabio777

Hi,
i work like technician in my company in italy...i usually found this problem on the Mimaki's printers when the ink goes on the printhead board or on the slider board..as artbot said..i never try to clean the printhead cause if u clean with cleaning solution u can only aggravate the situation( if u try to put cleaning solution on a board u can hear it "fry")..in most cases i found a problem on the motherboard caused by the damaged printhead that gave a strong surge on the colour's channel interested..this kind of surge usually burn the motherboard's component like the final(i don't know if u call them so). Finally... i think that u have to repair ur motherboard.. in italy an operation like this one can costs about 250-350 €...i know the price cause i have a laboratory where some engineers work..

ok im sending off my motherboard and slider board to mac media to get tested ($299 if both need to be repaired) and ordering a new head for $775 also new cables. i will post when i here back from mac media on what was the problem.

tntnoyes

Question

macmedia diagnoses slider boards for $40. and kent is very honest. i sent him a slider board and it came up fine. he can rebuild a slider board for $200! if that is the issue.

as far as the burnt cable. that isn't good. i'd predict at least a fried head and maybe slider board. do you have an old crappy clogged head that doesn't throw an error 07? if so you can unplug the head in question. replace or repair your data ribbon, and just plug in the damaged head (duct tape it to your carriage, you don't have to install it). see if it turns on.
Can you tell me where Kent and Mac Media are located...website please? I have the same problem now. Thanks!

Cmind335

Mac Media and Kent are the best hands down! I just got my main board and slider board fixed by them when other wannabees couldn't figure it out. Trust them you wont regret it.