• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3160 sp Strange Problem

Morph1

Print all
Hello all,

Well since monday my Jv is acting up in a strange way,
I have ripped a file 50" x 96" at 8 passes the print starts great printing 8 pass then into 1/5 of the job it switches to 4 pass on the fly ????
Is the board gone ??? the memory ??? wtf is up with this tank ????

any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

thewood

It could be a memory or communication issue. I would also check the encoder strip. Seems like I had that issue once, and it was resolved by cleaning the strip.

Case

Give me your email... I will help you get by this with a quick fix and the answer to what is wrong...

Case

Morph1

Print all
Thanks guys,
thewood , the encoder strip only justifies the y direction and alignment not the x coordinate, most likely I though it would be onboard memory issue, I mean after the file is ripped all the information is passed on to internal printer memory modules, once ripped nothing should change, it can not be a communication problem.

Last edited:

iSign

Give me your email... I will help you get by this with a quick fix and the answer to what is wrong...

Case

Please provide any advice you have in the thread itself. We are building a searchable database & many people can benefit from your knowledge for years to come if you provide that information publicly

Morph1

Print all
just ran another test with 6 pass the printer switched to 3 pass after 17% of the print., lol maybe it is the encoder strip ???,
I did clean that encoder strip once but then the problem was in y direction only, now the problem sits in x direction, y registers good each pass.

Last edited:

Morph1

Print all
Solved !!!, reinstalled Flexi and printer drivers,
gotta love the software glitches.

Cheers !

gabagoo

another festivus (flexilus) miracle!!!!!

hey can someone please tell me what the encoder strip is? is it the metal band I see that runs paralel to the head with a strange pattern on it?

Warped&Proud

Even though it appears to be a software problem, I would check and clean your encode strip as well.

We were having the same problem a couple months ago with PosterPrint 12, a JV3-250SP and very large EPS files with loads of empty white space.

It turned out to be an issue with PP getting confused when the JV3 got confused over spots on the encoder strip. It would then send incorrect data to the printer as a result, switching to 2 pass from 4 pass and printing at 50% ink coverage.