• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Problem

livoniasigns

Hi All,
Been using a Mimaki JV3 with virtually no problems until yesterday. Towards the end of a print I notice the heater lights go off. No error on display. Flipped heat switch, re-booted printer, sent a new print. As it was warming up, lights go off. Display said "breakage" called tech support, thinks it might be the heater board (cant remember the actual name of it) I will get the part tomorrow.
But I was wondering has anybody else ever had this problem?

Thx

thewood

Sorry, I've never heard of that one. Keep us updated when you find something out, though. Have you tried the Mimaki Yahoo Group?

gabagoo

I had that issue early on and was under warranty. I will assume the board was changed and have never seen it again

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
It will most probably be the relays on the heater/power supply board.
source them locally 24v 5A , make sure the pins are the same distance apart as the originals or they wont solder in.
I have done several now..
Tekkie1:thumb:

genericname

It will most probably be the relays on the heater/power supply board.
source them locally 24v 5A , make sure the pins are the same distance apart as the originals or they wont solder in.
I have done several now..
Tekkie1:thumb:

:thread

Just running into this issue myself, with the print heat hitting the target, but the pre heater showing "breakage" in remote mode, and never gaining a degree. I've eliminated fuses, wiring, and the elements as the possible cause.

Tekkie1, how did you originally determine that the relays were the culprit? Can anyone chime in with any other tests I can run?

genericname

Well I can use a drink. Good thing I'm cutting back on coffee, because normally, I'd be in the mood to put a hole in the wall instead.

8 hours later, I've eliminated the fuses, wiring, IO2 board, switch, main power, elements, circuit bridge, and thermostats. The only thing left in common with the rest of the system at this point, is the electrician. On a lark, I plug the heaters' power cable into a new mains, and voilà! Registering properly, hitting the targeted temperature, and not showing any errors. :banghead:

Ah well, learned the wiring for the JV3 inside and out. Good thing it was a slow day.