• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mini Bowling lane custom graphics

jbyrum

Hello, I have 4 mini bowling lanes, 30"x28', and I would like to cover the old lanes with custom graphics but I'm worried about durability. I know they must be laminated but I don't know what would be durable enough to last being hit with 4lb balls.
I was thinking that a sidewalk laminate would be tough enough but I don't want any texture.

Looking for suggestions and helpful opinions.

Thank you,
Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN0486.JPG
    DSCN0486.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 430

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is the lane made of ?? Paint might be durable, if you clear it about 20 times, but that could put a different spin on the ball.

rjssigns

Should be able to install unlaminated graphics then bury them in the same clear used on the lanes.
Reason I say should is I print graphics for dump truck doors. I use 2 mil cast without laminate. Graphic are applied then doors get cleared.
Looks fantastic and withstands careless pressure washing.
Only thing with the lanes would be getting enough mils for a flat surface.

jbyrum

What is the lane made of ?? Paint might be durable, if you clear it about 20 times, but that could put a different spin on the ball.
I believe that it's something similar to HDPE or really hard plastic of some sort. I don't want to clear it in case I need to replace or decide to change themes again. I would prefer to have a laminated graphic if at all possible.

AGCharlotte

should be some other options for heavy duty laminate. The GF211 floor laminate is 6mil and while it says it's textured, it's very very light (I've used this stuff). GF also has the GF238 12mil Motormark "Armor" overlam, which might be more like what you need?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
What about a polycarbonate overlam? I don't have much experience, but that's basically what the push button pads are on gas pumps and stuff. It's pretty durable.