• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini Flyer Critique

Tonyfavs

This is a small 3x6 mini little handout we want to pass around to local businesses. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it look better? I think it looks ok but tit can be better. The blue box in the middle that says "riverhead" is throwing me off. Im not sure if I like it there or a different color.

Thanks all

Attachments

• Mini-Flyer.jpg
    Mini-Flyer.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 151

SignManiac

Cant argue with you there. Tit is always better!

Layout is rather boring. Letters are too big. Too much negative space in the layout.

visual800

never use white outlines against a dark background on SMALL TEXT! it distorts, just being honest looks ok to me

vid

Cant argue with you there. Tit is always better!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :ROFLMAO:

I'm assuming that there is a stronger marketing message on the other side...

For this side, I would simplify: One phone number and maybe put it to the line that you can test the flyer's effectiveness somehow. I'd also drop the e-mail and try to push prospects to the website for more information on signs and to find your e-mail there.

As for the Riverhead in the logo... yeah, I'd agree with you that it seems a little awkward. I'd make it smaller and rely on the web address to convey to the audience that you are the Sign-A-Rama in Riverhead.

Techman (signs101 member) has written a number of posts relating to direct mail marketing. It may be a tough search as he has a good number of posts on the forum. But it could be worth the time to hunt those down. Here's one thread where he chimes in about writing ad copy. Other discussions on flyers are found at the bottom of this post in a box labeled Similar Threads (that's where I found the one above)
As a premium member your search capabilities here go back to the dawn of the site... and I know he's written oodles more on the subject.​

Anyway, that's my .o2 - Good Luck!

Attachments

• 101SARRiverhead.jpg
    101SARRiverhead.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 74

Perks

I would get rid of Riverhead because it excludes everyone other place
go with FREE Estimates
see if you can make your contact info bigger
Ask for Sam a little smaller near the email and phone

Jillbeans

I pity Sign*A*Rama users because they are stuck using that horrible ineffective color combo.
The one by me puts up posters/banners all the time with the same stuff, nobody can read them.
Try only using the logo on the top and making the rest of the flyer in plain white.
And try to stay away from all those italics.
Love....Jill

Jillbeans

I would, but franchises and quickie-lickie-stickies have just about killed my traditional sign business of 27 years.

Stagecraft

Why not? Something makes you a better person/company?
Not in the least, but around here McSignshops seem to go a long way to cheapen what was once a respected, creative and sometimes profitable craft. The examples I've seen locally are usually run/owned by somebody with little or no previous experience and more often than not, little or no talent...they've just bought their way into the market.
It just means that the slice of the pie gets smaller and smaller and smaller.
If the situation is different in your neck of the woods, more power to them.

SignManiac

In number, there are even more independent hack sign shops than the total number of all franchise shops. I don't see either of them as a threat, but rather an opportunity to out sell them with superior knowledge of skills and design most especially.

slipperyfrog

Not in the least, but around here McSignshops seem to go a long way to cheapen what was once a respected, creative and sometimes profitable craft. The examples I've seen locally are usually run/owned by somebody with little or no previous experience and more often than not, little or no talent...they've just bought their way into the market.
It just means that the slice of the pie gets smaller and smaller and smaller.
If the situation is different in your neck of the woods, more power to them.

Then obviously if you are losing a slice of the pie to them you may want to rethink your own business model.

Nothing wrong with helping them if they ask. We can all learn something here from others. But then again if they do get help I guess they will only improve their work and really kick your *** in the market.