• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Modified Plumbers Logo

Pinfinity

After receiving suggestions from this forum on a previous sketch I designed, I would like to receive professional comments or suggestions on the attached modified logo for a plumbing heating company.

Take note of the existing logo which currently appears on the clients truck. This was designed by another sign company.

Appreciate

Attachments

• Modified logo 6-2-12.jpg
    Modified logo 6-2-12.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 135

SignManiac

Far better than your original, but contrast could be improved. Look at the thumbnail, name doesn't jump out.

Pinfinity

Thanks SM, I thought so too on the contrast..I should have corrected that before posting. I have a bad habit of putting something up here without thinking it through sometimes. Check my revision if you don't mind

Pinfinity

Modified contrast issues

Attached is the layout for the plumbing logo. I changed the main title color for better contrast.

Please share professional thoughts.

Thank you

Attachments

Modified logo 6-2-12.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 89

SignManiac

Much better Pin. One other issue now, try toning down the ribbon to a deeper burgundy so it doesn't over power the rest of the logo. It's definitely improving.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I mostly like it, but I don't care for the shadow depth ... it could be a lot less and wouldn't tend to draw the eye to the right hand side of the "Y" instead of centering on the entire name. It is currently greater than the stroke of the letter itself.

I also think that for better sense to the eye, all floating objects should have a similar drop shadow. Currently you have one on DOHERTY and the hand but not on the shamrock or the wrench.

Pinfinity

Final revision

OK, Please review and share thoughts on this. I'm still not sure about the outline around the oval color? Any suggestions? or anything else of concern?

Thanks

Attachments

Modified logo 6-2-12.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97

SignManiac

Figure I'd throw out another take on a different layout.

Attachments

• Bob Doherty Plumbing.jpg
    Bob Doherty Plumbing.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 108

Pinfinity

Hey Fred, thanks for that observation, I believe the shadow is too heavy on the title. Let me apply the shadow idea on all the floating objects, and take a look see!

Jillbeans

I'd seriously consider using Bob's attempt.
I'd use a simpler font for his name, something clean looking.
His has a lot better balance and I like how what the guy does stands out more than his name.
I still think the shamrock needs a black outline to better tie it into the hand.
Love....Jill

HulkSmash

I Like the layout a lot, but I think your focusing on the name too much rather than what the guy does.

I like Bobs attempt. It really brings out his the logo and what the profession is.

Tiki

Font Sage
Below the name maybe use the Red Ribbon for Plumbing And Heating

Attachments

• 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 123

ova

Tiki nailed it for me. Looks good. Send him money and go with it.

Does anyone else think the hand and wrench look like it's ready club someone? Looks a little threatening to me.

Dave