• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monument Sign suggestions

washingtonsignguy

Hey everyone. I have a customer that needs a new sign for their club house. They need to incorporate some brick styles that were used on their new building. They do not have a logo and want to stick to pretty simple font styles. This is what i came up with. The sign itself will be sandblasted out of cedar with a raised border. middle of sign will be stained and border to be painted. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Alderbrookgolf.jpg
    Alderbrookgolf.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 101

sardocs

I like the clean look, but I wonder if it might look interesting if you curved the lefthand side to match the arc of the A.

acothran

I like the idea but I think the colors are too drap. I also might like to see some green. It would keep with the earth tones, provide some variance from the color of the brick, and as a golfer, I think the color green always goes well with golf.

Allen

Jillbeans

I really do not like the fonts at all.
They don't go together.
I would use something more upscale like Essendine for the golf club part and a pretty script for the name.
I do like the sign idea, I think it will look kind of neat when finished.
As for a golf theme, no, it's not needed.
Love....Jill

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I agree with Jill, the typefaces are not working. I would not use either one. I would google 'golf club logos', but to me I would only be looking at upscale logos/typefaces and stay away from clip-arty golf imagery.

On the sign, it's looking a little low... maybe it's a code thing...it looks like this place is out in the middle of nowhere.
Is it big enough to make a significant statement?
Are you pushing the limit of allowable square footage per code?
You can bulk up the sign by adding some landscape element or wall too (if that is allowed in the code)

washingtonsignguy

Thanks for the tips everyone. I found this roman font that liked, i have shown it in gold and black. The sign is going in front of the clubhouse and the customer stated he didnt want it very high because it would cover up too much of the club house. i might have to try and convince him otherwise. This is going right next to Hole one, so i didnt think i needed an obvious theme to the sign. The brick work will be alittle darker and more reds, i know right now, they might blend too much with the sign. but this is what i go so far.

Attachments

• Alderbrookgolf.jpg
    Alderbrookgolf.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 82

Marlene

the overall idea is good. I really hate the big cap at the front and end of a word and I think that is why I don't like the way it looks in either font. the colors with the darker text work better. I like the shades of tan used, nice and classy. the black looks nice with the tans, the gold doesn't. don't worry about a golf theme as there is usually little doubt about a business being a golf course or not if the sign is in view of the course.

Jillbeans

The fonts still don't flow well together, and there is not enough breathing room.
Finally had a moment to throw together a mock up.
These are LHF Stanford and Essendine.
But A&S Valentino would look nice too.
I used the color of the darkest brick as a background and the lightest as the lettering color.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 91