• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting vinyl with laminator?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
With the Big Squeegee you can mount wet prints by putting release liner on the face of the print and hinge mount normally. The prints release liner is removed within a 1/4 " of mounting so stretching is minimal.

WB

we use our Lam to apply transfer tape all the time.. 4x8's, or large runs of samller signs.. I tell my guys that it's better you apply the transfer tape and apply the print then it is to reprint the sign.,. I'd rather spend the pennies on transfer tape then reprint because it got screwed up during mounting.

mark in tx

If the print is full bleed, then let it dry overnight.
If you are printing with eco-sol then you really should be laminating the prints anyway, unless they are short term signs. (1-3 months)

Dry apply is the way to go, you just have to get your technique down, practice practice practice.

thewood

We use the laminator to mount the majority of our prints and cut vinyl. It works flawlessly. If the print is full-coverage, either 1) wait overnight for it to dry or 2) expose only a few inches of vinyl from the backing paper at a time. If you hold the backing paper against the mounted print as it comes out of the laminator, it actually removes itself at the perfect rate.

We use the laminator to apply transfer tape, also. Works great. Even if we apply the transfer tape by hand, I'll run it through the laminator to burnish or "squeegee" it down.