• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

moving an R1000+

briant1362

We're considering a purchase of a used R1000+ that's about 3hr from our shop. Are we crazy to even consider moving this ourselves or is this best left to HP? TIA.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We're considering a purchase of a used R1000+ that's about 3hr from our shop. Are we crazy to even consider moving this ourselves or is this best left to HP? TIA.
It's easy to move, I can give you few good tips. Do you know if they have the original shipping brackets?

briant1362

I'll have to ask about the brackets but my guess is probably not. My two main concerns are about uneven floor heights at the dock high doors/box truck and potential issues with it being powered down for several hours (without a proper "de-install").

netsol

Premium Subscriber
rent a truck with a hydraulic lift gate. (no problems with dock height)
tie the machine CAREFULLY, i generally loop rope from both sides of the truck.
take some small 2x3 blocks and deck screw into the floor of the truck, around the wheels or legs so there is no movement

DRIVE LIKE YOUR GRANDFATHER USED TO...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would definitely bolt down the scan beam to the frame, there's bolt holes on both sides of the belt for it. Must be lowered down to bottom position before doing anything. You should also lower the heater to bottom position.
Carriage might have the lock for it still on it. That has multiple holes to choose where you want to stop it. Or just use imagination if you don't have it.
Take out the printheads (or don't if you lock the carriage on top of the caps). Depressurize air system and disconnect large ink tanks as well as intermediate tanks.
I would somehow try to secure the heater as well but not so easy without the proper brackets. Use imagination again. Remove the displays and PC.

There's no problem for it to be offline couple days even a week, it will be fine. Just shake the white inks before you start it back up and let it cycle the ink for a day.
Shutting it down for a day is your smallest concern, trust me. Just take your time, do it proper, take two days.

Personally I will always use the brackets that come with the machine to bolt down the beam and the heater but really if you take it easy it's not that bad. I'm just giving you like the minimum that should be done.

If possible I would use a large forklift. You can lift it up from the middle bottom beams.

1654012119876.png
1654012339826.png

Attachments

• 1654012034331.png
    1654012034331.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

ToTo

Professional Support
Well explained, but in your explanation I miss the tracks to be added in between table and beam, to prevent from being wound. And the removal of air-letout of turbines, to give more space to the uneven floor. Also I would remove cleaning web to protect web wipe station in case.
Securing the machine would take around 2 hours with trained technician and again 2 hours to get the unit back on track. Then the company is in charge if something went wrong. And he can provide information to trucking company and check infrastructure on new location.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well explained, but in your explanation I miss the tracks to be added in between table and beam, to prevent from being wound. And the removal of air-letout of turbines, to give more space to the uneven floor. Also I would remove cleaning web to protect web wipe station in case.
Securing the machine would take around 2 hours with trained technician and again 2 hours to get the unit back on track. Then the company is in charge if something went wrong. And he can provide information to trucking company and check infrastructure on new location.
Well if he doesn't have those, how is he going to add them. The silencer is of course no brainer to remove to get to the leg. I think it is too obvious to even mention.
But removing web I wouldn't waste my time. Unless it is almost done and ready for disposal.

briant1362

Thanks to everyone for the moving suggestions....the move seems to have gone pretty smoothly. Not unexpectedly, we're having some basic (connectivity) issues after powering up the printer and hoping someone might be able to point us in the right direction. Our problem is that the IPS is not talking to the printer. My guess is that I inadvertently changed the network settings when I was setting up the LAN connection for our network. It is now defaulting to 169.254.3.92 even though I (probably incorrectly) have it set to DHCP. My guess is that this should probably be a fixed IP address that's specified by HP? Any suggestions before I throw in the towel and call HP support? Again, thanks in advance.

signsdoneright

Hi Amazing group!
I have the same situation, trying to move a machine 3 hours from our shop, but this one is an R2000 .. Is there a document or a video or some more tips to move this baby?
Thank you so much.

signsdoneright

I am buying it used. My main concerns are inks, carriage, railings, monitors. Also how would we get it to a truck, 2 forklifts ? Could you lift it from the middle ?
Thank you so much for any info.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I am buying it used. My main concerns are inks, carriage, railings, monitors. Also how would we get it to a truck, 2 forklifts ? Could you lift it from the middle ?
Thank you so much for any info.
I already answered most of your questions, did you even read it?? R2000 is the exact same process.
One large forklift, lift from the middle it's built like that.
More of that is explained in the site preparation guide and service manual.

I once again recommend to disconnect inks and bolt on the main frame pieces with the brackets that came with the printer. 1 hour job for a guy who knows what to do.