• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving Lights?

jfiscus

Rap Master
A customer is requesting we come up with a solution to add moving/flashing lights to their sign to draw attention to it. We don't provide this in-house, does anyone have a solution or idea or interested in being involved in the project? Their current sign is attached below.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 142

Mosh

Better check local codes. Our City does not allow any flashing lights. LED message boards can not even flash.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What about the code?

_________

§ 1427-09. - Prohibited Sign Types, Locations, and Message.

The following signs, sign types, sign locations, and sign messages are prohibited:

(f)
Moving, flashing or animated signs, balloons, gas inflated signs or similar inflated signs, portable signs, searchlights, streamers, spinners, flags (other than those specifically permitted herein), outdoor image projections (signs projected from an external light source onto a building or structure) or any other similar devices.

Billct2

What they said...first is it allowed,
second do they want to spend as nuch as the sign originally cost to retrr fit it with a real chasing border?
...or they can go to the dollar store buy some leftover christmas lights and duct tape them around the sign and run an extension cord....I've seen it

J Hill Designs

What they said...first is it allowed,
second do they want to spend as nuch as the sign originally cost to retrr fit it with a real chasing border?
...or they can go to the dollar store buy some leftover christmas lights and duct tape them around the sign and run an extension cord....I've seen it

I've serviced it...swear