• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MS Word not a graphics program -Oh really?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
um. If gino or addy ignored each other, things would be much easier for them.

something tells me neither one of them has an easy button.....

easy.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Life is never easy, so don't confuse yourself with Addie or me as having tough times.

I am what I am and where I am..... due to all of the things I have done in my life. I have no qualms with basically anyone or anything, except my neighbor, but then that's a totally different kinda thing. I can tolerate what that guy occupying the White House is doing, I can put up with customers doing the craziest things and I can certainly put up with the Addie's of the world. Let it be known..... our Addie here at s101 is like a cold, you don't want it, but it eventually goes away, and that I can wholeheartedly deal with.

It's the crazy ups & downs of this place that have gotten outta hand. I don't know if I said it recently or someone else made mention, but other than figuring out the electrical problems of someone's printer head or some font, realistically, no sign stuff goes on here any longer.

It's one thing to help someone who genuinely needs and asks for help, but all those questions about the same thing over and over are really just wasted time and strength. Addie is harmless, as long as people know he doesn't know what he's talking about, but at least the guy tries and really tries to fit in. Some day, maybe he will, but I don't know how, unless he takes a dozen or so crash courses on various subjects. I can't tell you how many e-mails and PM's I get about how and why things seem to be going downhill. I've gotten so many versions and reasons, but no one..... NO ONE has any remedies. It's open for discussion back there, but no one wants to fix it. I honestly like this place and for the life of me, wish it could be more about signs and things connected with signs, but that rarely happens anymore. I might have 1/2 dozen questions or so a year about signs. I see countless requests or questions for all kinds of things, which for the most part, is beyond what most people know around here. How can things be answered if the people in the know, aren't here anymore ?? Taking or considering answers from some of the members is like taking your life in your hands with some of the answers they actually believe to be true. Heck, I know I'm not right with lotsa my answers. There are better ways or more proven ways, but my answers are from experience and will work. If I'm on everyone's ignore list, why are there so many people chiming in ?? See..... it proves my point even further...... they're here to rubberneck and look for the train wrecks, so they can point fingers. It's all about the stoopidness not about signs, just entertainment.
Anyway.... rant over or should I say an observation is put to rest.

:wink:

njshorts

But we haven't established who can pee the furthest yet.

Addie?

Gino??

"Pissing off a train trestle into a river... One boy says wow, that water sure is far down there, the other boy says yeah, and it's cold too!"

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I honestly like this place and for the life of me, wish it could be more about signs and things connected with signs, but that rarely happens anymore.

really? of your 28 thousand ka-jillion posts, most of them are drama related non-sign related.

look in the mirror, you and addy are twins.

you trying to play the innocent "wish this place was more about signs" card is laughable at best.

you jump addy when ever you have the chance and it's getting old

TheSnowman

I don't know what kind of drama is going on because I don't care about reading it, but this guy designing this is word is pretty awesome in my book. The problem would be when he gave this to me, I'd have no way to get it into a print format, unless for some strange reason it just happened to print to a PDF perfectly.

boxerbay

ok kids lets get back on topic.

WORD as a design program.

VERDICT - STINKS
WHY? as you can see on the video the results look fantastic.
EXCEPT when you send a PDF created in WORD to print and run through a RIP and end up with transparency issues (white boxes around cropped items) and some time the colors print inverted like a negative. We have seen many strange things with WORD pdf's We usually send them straight to Photoshop to flatten.

John Butto

I have never use Word, being honest, had Aldus Pagemaker and Illustrator loaded on the MacPlus from the beginning. So when I saw the video I did not know what all the fuss was about. Went on a friend's laptop last night who has Word and then realized what all the fuss is about. I had a rough time just finding how to tab.

C

ColoPrinthead

Words auto black used to annoy the hell out of me when I had to make supplied files press ready for a 2 color run, I still don't understand the reasoning behind it.

C

ColoPrinthead

^ what does it set it to? I know spot black in Gerber Composer converts to 98/97/97/69 for some stupid reason.

I don't remember what setting came out to, just it being a PIA. I last dealt with it in 2005 before stepping away from prepress.

Chriswagner92

Gino, get the stick out of your ***. I don't call you out on all the f*ing lies I have caught you in. Go drown your f*ing chipmunks and stay the f*ck away from me.

Unlike you I don't pretend to be something I am not. So go take your alcoholic worthless opinion that not one damn person here gives two sh*ts about and shove it.

For the rest of you thank you for dealing with my outburst please continue on with your day.

well that escalated quickly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
well that escalated quickly

Evidently, you haven't been paying much attention to the 'Peanut Gallery' lately. Yes, you do need a vacation.... paid or not, you need to get away. I'd suggest a 1/2 gal of Bushmill and plant yourself under a bridge somewhere for the weekend and you'll feel much better come Monday morning.

Chriswagner92

Evidently, you haven't been paying much attention to the 'Peanut Gallery' lately. Yes, you do need a vacation.... paid or not, you need to get away. I'd suggest a 1/2 gal of Bushmill and plant yourself under a bridge somewhere for the weekend and you'll feel much better come Monday morning.

I could go for that

MrSalumi

Back to the original post.. I kind of want to just buy that guy a copy of illustrator and save him about a year of work. Impressive to say the least