• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 turning off

randya

Do you mean "power off"?

If so, does it power right back up?

Could be a 'brown out' situation.

Have you checked the voltage of the power you are supplying?

HaroldDesign

Do you mean "power off"?

It doesn't run through a normal cycle to turn off. It's like pulling the plug. Haven't checked the voltage yet. That makes sense. What's odd is twice it wouldn't power back on right away. Guess I need to determine if it's because of supplied power or one of the two power systems in the machine.

Chosen One

My 1604 is starting to shut down mid-print here and there. Has anyone else had this problem?
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That's Funny; I had the same problem with my 1604. I would send an image to the printer to print and it would just shut off. So I call the dealer and explain what was going on. The dealer could not figure out why it kept shutting itself off. So they decided to replace it with a new machine and I have not had a problem since.[/FONT]

Compilla

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That's Funny; I had the same problem with my 1604. I would send an image to the printer to print and it would just shut off. So I call the dealer and explain what was going on. The dealer could not figure out why it kept shutting itself off. So they decided to replace it with a new machine and I have not had a problem since.[/font]

So you bought a 1604 or 1614 ? 1304?

copythat

1204 Here

My 1604 is starting to shut down mid-print here and there. Has anyone else had this problem?

Lately machines stops printing in the middle of project. We have to resend. Not same as your's but still a pain!

randya

Lately machines stops printing in the middle of project. We have to resend. Not same as your's but still a pain!

Take a look at the end of the print, if the wave is showing the computer/network disconnected and the printer was waiting for data.

If the edge is finished sharp and crisp, the printer thinks all the print was sent from the RIP.

While both can be RIP issues, the first rarely is.

Compilla

What RIP & version are you running ?
What's your OS ?
What firmware version and sub controller version is on your VJ ?

PUFFERSIGN

Make sure your firewall is turned off. We had this problem printing large files and it turned out to be the firewall was stopping communication.

wcso35

Not Sure, But sounds like a problem with something overheating, then haveing to reset by cooling down.

HaroldDesign

Thanks everyone.
I have my printer running on a different circuit than my Digi-dry now, and it hasn't happened. I don't know yet if it actually helped or if it simply hasn't "randomly" happened again yet. It just seemed that maybe the Digi-Dry could cause enough interference to trigger a shut-down even though no breaker switches were going. Does this make sense to anyone, or does it look like I can expect the same problem? Just guessing...
:thankyou:

Color Dude

I am very glad you stated that Caleb. I had the same problem with a customer that had a SC-745 Roland printer. He to had his digi-dryer hooked up to the same circuit as his printer. Moved it to a different circuit and hasnt happen since. Those dryers pull some serious amps & volts.