• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1614 problem

theshop9100

Hi everyone, I'm getting there weird blackish blueish marks on my prints. I was wondering if anyone knows what these are or how to fix this. Thanks. I will post a pic if I can figure out how

Attachments

• IMG_20150324_142546.jpg
    IMG_20150324_142546.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 150

heyskull

Check and clean the head and ramps either side.
Clean or replace the wiper
Clean or replace the cap.
If this doesn't fix the problem clean the encoder strip with denatured alcohol.

SC

Asuma01

Ive had this exact same problem in the past and it ended up being static electricity blowing ink droplets around.
We bought a humidifier (because I live in a dry climate), and I bought the wide format kit from www.stopstatic.com.

Also try a different roll of print media. Some brands have more static charge then others. I went from Arlon to 3M and had better results.

As far as cleaning the encoder strip. Use alachol and a lint free cloth and pinch the strip (gently) between the cloth and slowly and carefully move the cloth back and forth across the strip a few times. Or until the cloth comes up clean.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Ive had this exact same problem in the past and it ended up being static electricity blowing ink droplets around.
We bought a humidifier (because I live in a dry climate), and I bought the wide format kit from www.stopstatic.com.

Also try a different roll of print media. Some brands have more static charge then others. I went from Arlon to 3M and had better results.

As far as cleaning the encoder strip. Use alachol and a lint free cloth and pinch the strip (gently) between the cloth and slowly and carefully move the cloth back and forth across the strip a few times. Or until the cloth comes up clean.

+1 for Static. It could also be caused by having the printer in high head height on thinner media. If you are running it high and the media doesn't require it try switching it to the low setting.