• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Junior Printing Problem

twds2k8

Hi, I am a newbie here but was hoping to find a solution to my printer problem. My Printer will not print anything. I have replaced the print head, flat data cable, dampers and pump. It cycles cleaning fluid through and will do an ink fill. If I send it through the clean cycle it will draw some ink through the lines like it normally does. When I send something to print it moves back and forth like it should be printing only nothing comes out on to the vinyl. I was given advice to either program the print head or clean and/or replace the encoder strip. Before exploring this part of my printer I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and could easily direct me to a remedy or if anyone had a copy of the service manual they could email me. I can't afford a tech so I must fix this myself and it is costing me just being down. Thank you for any advice you may have. Also, thank you Dale for your help thus far.

RG

Hello, from south MS. Here is a link to where you can download a pdf of the repair manual: http://www.ajh-designs.com/files .
After you replaced the head(s), did you go into the printer's setup menu and enter the new head rank? Also, you might want to check the 2 head fuses. Somewhere here on this site is information as to how to check the fuses. Use the search feature. The repair manual will give you NO help in checking the fuses. Mutoh wants you to buy a new motherboard instead of a $2 fuse from Radio Shack.
I know what you mean about not affording a tech. I have been the caregiver for a FOJ for about 2 years. This is an outstanding site for helpful information. And there are many, really GREAT members here who have "been there and done that" on these printers and are willing to share their knowledge. So, don't give up on the old girl (printer). Good luck.

twds2k8

thank you

Thank you for the tip and the link. I will try your suggestions today. Hopefully i will be printing again this afternoon. Thanks again

RG

RG, Nice Bike!. Is yours ?

Thanks, Compilla, but it's not mine. Here's a pix of my ride. It's a '91 HD Sportster. I've had it for 10 years and have replaced most of the parts on it. Tinkering with it and ridding it is my relaxation therapy. Everybody needs a hobby. My apologies to the original poster here--I know this is off topic. By the way, the "FreshPaint" pix name referrs to a time about a year ago when I was rear-ended and had to repaint.

Attachments

• FreshPaint.jpg
    FreshPaint.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 84