• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcons Disc. in U.S.

WVB

I just called SSK to find out about a Mutoh Falcon printer and they informed me Mutoh is no longer selling the Falcon series in the U.S. So the only thing they carry is a 96' full solvent printer.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Odd. Did they happen to mention why? Mutoh Falcons are rebranded both by SSK and Sign Warehouse. And others I would assume. Perhaps they're only OEM'ing them. Or perhaps not even that. Depressing, if true.

ahollow

Maybe that's why I got my Jr. so cheap (from SW, who still has them listed as PrismJets). I see it's not even listed (as PrintTech) on the SSK website. It was there last Thursday.

BTW: local shipper "forgot" to put it on the truck last night, so delivery is tomorrow morning. :(

WVB

Yes they removed all info regarding Mutoh. If they were only to OEM them in the US SSK would still offer their PrintTech which they said they are no longer doing. Said they found this info out last week. I am not sure what Signwarehouse will do if this is the case. Now I just got off the phone with Gregory who will get back with me tomorrow regarding a Mutoh/Graphtec bundle. She did not mention anything about Mutoh disc. in U.S.

Possibly SSK could not come to terms with Mutoh so one or the other dropped one or the other. I do not know?

EndlessOptions

I don't remember where I read it but I had read that Mutoh was dropping the Falcon and only going to sell the ValueJet and it was a one size machine, 51" I think.

Steve C.

I'm wondering what that will do to the resale value.
Seems that the more I learn the more I regret that I chose the Falcon. :(

iSign

I just hope you guys don't run out of access to parts & inks. I guess support will be drying up for sure... at least lots of parts are probably interchangable.

WVB

Well if I understand correctly Mutoh will only stop selling them in the U.S. Europe will continue to the selling of Falcons. I don't think you should have an issue of parts non-availability.

Flame

TVG said:
Well if I understand correctly Mutoh will only stop selling them in the U.S. Europe will continue to the selling of Falcons. I don't think you should have an issue of parts non-availability.

If I can still continue to get parts and support, then cool. I will probably upgrade in a couple of years to a larger model anyways, and keep the Mutoh running exclusively banners or something like that. I can definatly see why you would want atleast 2 printers up and running.

EndlessOptions

I have searched and still can't find where I got the information that they were discontinuing the Falcon. Have we established for sure that they are? If so where is that information to be found.

DavidB

I have checked into this on my end for everyone and I can assure you that SignWarehouse will continue to carry the Prismjet line for the foreseeable future. I cannot speak for my competitors but we have no plans to drop the line at all.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just spoke with a knowledgeable source at a dealer that sells a lot of Mutoh Falcons. He told me that "Yes, the Falcon in all variations of width has been discontinued." He was unsure about the Rockhopper as the same series is known outside of the US. The change came without warning and they are very upset. The replacement model is the ValueJet.

This particular dealer indicated that they will be changing manufacturers and will no longer carry the Mutoh line at all.

bullcrew

the new models are sleeker the first will be a 48". Lower to the ground, doesn't look like a typical outdoor printer. 51" max media width 48" print width.
weighs in around 150lbs, starts selling mid june, 14,995 list price.
3rd generation machine