• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh head replacement

ahollow

I'm getting ready to replace all the ink parts in my Mutoh Jr (heads, dampers, capping station, pump, wiper). The service manual says to run a head cleaning first, then after replacement and setting the head rank, run a fill.

So is the head clean just a standard head cleaning, and not a wash? Or do I need to run a wash (cleaning carts) first, replace everything, then run an ink fill?

Thanks for any help.

Jackpine

You need to run a wash (cleaning carts) first, replace everything, then run an ink fill. The manual has some "gaps" in the directions. I always had to stop and think......clean or wash? A head wash is a good thing when you are going to have the printer setting 3 days or more. It cleans he "gunk" out of the system. It does take 1/3rd of the cleaning cartridges and 1/3rd ink to wash and refill. (As I was told by a tech.)

ahollow

Thanks,
I ran the wash on all colors, installed new heads, dampers, pump, wiper, and capping station. I have a new set of inks coming on Tuesday to finish the job.
You are right about the manual; it does have a few gaps but I believe I figured them out and hope everything went well. I'll know for sure on Tuesday.
Thanks again.

Jackpine

The heads may need to be aligned. After you print a nozzle check you will see how well they align to each other. I did a physical adjustment and got real close. I couldn't tell the head was off except on 1 mil or closer lines.I had my tech do a alignment from the diagnostic set up in the control panel to get it 1mil closer.

ilmt

ok, how do i fill the ink? i took apart my ink lines to blow them out, thinking something was blocking ink flow, how can i fill the lines with ink again?

thanks.

Jackpine

I would do a head wash with the cleaning cartridges. When you insert them it will start automatically. When it is done with the wash insert the ink cartridges and it will fill the K and then the colors. Make sure the color cartridges all have about the same amount of ink in them so the "draw" equally.
ok, how do i fill the ink? i took apart my ink lines to blow them out, thinking something was blocking ink flow, how can i fill the lines with ink again?

thanks.