• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ink Cartridge problems

CheapVehicleWrap

Everyone changed alright...to Roland. Try searching...if you have the time. It's been a "we never heard of such a problem" for 9 months?? now.

ozzy666

Is anyone having problems with Mutoh ink cartridges? In the last six months I have had at least ten cartridges where the plastic disc inside the cartridge has come loose (while in the machine) so will not pop out to tell the machine when cartridge is out of ink so machine will continue printing, ruining the print and causing havoc with the machine. Mutoh claims no one else is having this problem which I find really hard to believe.:frustrated:

What carts you are using?220 or 440

Signs Excetra

What carts you are using?220 or 440
We are using the 220. We have had huge problems with them. Somehow due to the new cartridges (I believe because they are so weak) the tabs inside the cartridge that is supposed to pop out to let the machine know the ink is out has broken off inside, after installation, so the machine continues to print, ruining the print and draining the lines, mixing colors etc..., It has caused us so many problems. In the last six months we have probably had ten cartridges that were faulty.

CheapVehicleWrap

You should shut your machine off and inspect ink levels from time to time. With the power off the chip won't count down one of the 10 times it can be removed.

ozzy666

strange.usually problems associated with your printer all related to small 110ml size slot so even small 220ml carts extends too much out of the slot making a week contact.even worse when people are trying to use 440 carts ...they simply pointed downwards ,loosing their horizontal balance meaning when cruical ink amount of 40ml left in the cart -which should trigger the switch via lever tab glued to bag- it will never happen coz its located at the tail.check your horizontal level

Signs Excetra

strange.usually problems associated with your printer all related to small 110ml size slot so even small 220ml carts extends too much out of the slot making a week contact.even worse when people are trying to use 440 carts ...they simply pointed downwards ,loosing their horizontal balance meaning when cruical ink amount of 40ml left in the cart -which should trigger the switch via lever tab glued to bag- it will never happen coz its located at the tail.check your horizontal level

We've been using this machine for six years and never had this problem until Mutoh changed to the new cartridges. They have admitted there has been a problem with them (although they said they have not seen our problem) and have gone back to the original cartridge. Supposedly any cartridge with the manufacturer date after Sept 10 is supposed to be okay. I sent all my cartridges back to Mutoh and they replaced them with the newer ones. Although Mutoh said they have not heard of this problem before I know of at least three other Mutoh Falcon Outdoor users who have also had this problem. I just hope it doesn't happen anymore.

Ruthietoons1

Are quality inks available? (newby)

So... I'm considering buying a used Mutoh Outdoor Jr. Printer, along with quite a bit of equipment, programs, etc. This thread makes me a bit nervous about the printer itself. Is it possible to get quality ink for this? Is it a good printer? (She wants about $7K for the printer, inks, and solvent that she has.)

CheapVehicleWrap

So... I'm considering buying a used Mutoh Outdoor Jr. Printer, along with quite a bit of equipment, programs, etc. This thread makes me a bit nervous about the printer itself. Is it possible to get quality ink for this? Is it a good printer? (She wants about $7K for the printer, inks, and solvent that she has.)

I wouldn't.