• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ink Smart Card Valuesjet - Message to Mutoh

KevSign

Dear Mutoh,
You been selling your ink for value jet with corrupted smart card and not improve to fix, I really hate it and if I have a choice I won't buy mutoh again. I have to give to support people with the word ""F%$!#"" because support not help full. Firmware very difficult to update compare with ROLAND, I can upgrade my firmware every time ROLAND come out with new firmware improve my printer, that why people said "I LOVE ROLAND PRINTERS" I will spread these words to Sign Industry forum to share How Suck Mutoh Services, did not stand behind the defect smart card. SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Kevin

randya

Dear Mutoh,
You been selling your ink for value jet with corrupted smart card and not improve to fix, I really hate it and if I have a choice I won't buy mutoh again. I have to give to support people with the word ""F%$!#"" because support not help full. Firmware very difficult to update compare with ROLAND, I can upgrade my firmware every time ROLAND come out with new firmware improve my printer, that why people said "I LOVE ROLAND PRINTERS" I will spread these words to Sign Industry forum to share How Suck Mutoh Services, did not stand behind the defect smart card. SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Kevin

I beg to differ with you KevSign,

We have made many improvements with smart cards and Roland and virtually every other manufacturer is using smart cards as well.

If you have smart cards that are not working you can contact your dealer and get replacements.
Your dealer should be well aware of smart card replacement procedures, providing you are using Mutoh ink.

Supply them your printer serial# and which cards you need and they will be replaced.

What kind of difficulty are you having upgrading your firmware?
And just why do you think you need to upgrade your firmware?
Are you having 'firmware' issues?
There has not been a new firmware release for your 1604 in over a year.

People love their Mutoh's as well.

Perhaps, you can explain WHAT has happened and WHO you are working with, if you are under warranty, and using Mutoh ink, I can help you resolve any issues with your printer.

You have many posts on 3rd party inks.
Is 3rd party ink your issue?

KevSign

Thank you Randy,

This Mutoh bough as used, Valuejet 1604, I keep run with original Ink for quality purpose.
Only Roland printer when I bough using Triangle from dealer setup, but I never have Smartcard problem with my HPz6100 waterbase printer or epson 9600. I think Mutoh Manufacture mess up, I talk with dealer we bough Roland, they said Mutoh get these problem still not result yet. Any way I just frustrated because Black Ink still new and expire 10, 2010.

My Roland SJ Pro2 745, I always upgrade the new firmware when Roland post on their website, I think big improved. 2 years ago I have had to replace print head couple times, until last firmware from Roland (over year now), the printer clean quick and maybe 2 times a day, I still do my maintenance routine every time I print like before. Print head test print very healthy.

Thanks

Kevin

randya

Kevin,

Smart cards have computer chips on them, we have had issues from the supplier in the past and issues have decreased exponentially.

Some issues are static at the customer sites and handling issues.

Most smart card issues now can be solved by a simple cleaning of the contacts of the chip. I am not sure what your Roland dealer knows about Mutoh smart cards, but they are in error.

We STAND BEHIND our products and make good on issues such as yours.
You should have gone to your Mutoh dealer that you purchased the ink from and gotten new cards.

What difficulty have you had upgrading firmware?
Current firmware for your 1604 appears to be 1.13.

I understand that you called in and talked to one of our techs here.
Our techs are here to solve problems and not to receive verbal abuse.
You were given multiple opportunities to stop using profanities and vulgarities at him and your call was terminated when you refused to stop.
We all try to be as helpful as possible, but draw the line at abuse.
You probably just added to your frustration by your interaction with our most dedicated and helpful technician and led to your post here.

Please contact your dealer for ink and tell him you need a new smart card, if you have further issues, feel free to contact me or support at Mutoh, but please remember that these are people here, who are trying to help you and may need some information from you, but will only take so much abuse to try and HELP YOU.

You may catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Please let me know if I can be of further service.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Kevin, it looks like Randy is really stepping up to the plate on this one.. my personal advice is to follow HIS advice and try to get the smart card from your Mutoh ink dealer. If that doesn't work - Randy has shown himself to be very reasonable in answering you in this thread. Give him a call if you can't get what you need from the Mutoh ink dealer.

But I'll tell you right now... if you called me for tech support and started cussing me out? I'd hang up on you too. Just a friendly suggestion that you don't want to tee off the very people you are asking for help.

Listen to Randy.

KevSign

Randy,

This Valuejet 1604, I bough it as used from small sign ship upgrade to Mimaki J33 with Triangle bulk Ink, just over year old the owner claim Mutoh ink too expensive to produce the job with their competitor. I had need to backup my Roland printer that's why I bough this because the machine improved, The Black Ink still under warranty until 2010 I can post the photo if need, since I bough this used, I don't want to back the original owner ask who you buy from all that. I just think when the Ink Stamp Mutoh logo on it, it mean, Mutoh have to responsibility their products.

With business world now, very difficult to keep to your customer for all of us, If the smartcard bad like this, I have to hold middle the job for Mutoh to send us the smart card, ARE WE STILL BUSINESS? if not ARE YOU STILL HAVE THE BUYER FOR MUTOH IN THE FUTURE? Seat on our chair like owner will feel it.

The firmware right now our Mutoh version 108, try follow instructions to download bunch of software still not able result.

Any way too tired for these problems, I had extra ink to using right way, but with these ink problem have to throw it way, I don't have proof to show where I buy from.

Should I buy Mutoh again, maybe not, but I have to keep my biz running and take care my family and kids.

Just want to share!!!

Kevin N.

Kevin, I have to tell you that Randy is as helpful as onyone in the industry. You should keep him on your good side. He goes above and beyond helping the Mutoh and non Mutoh customers here.
As a dealer, I deal with the card issue first hand. I have have almost no defective cards. I do have cards that say they are empty and ink remains in the cart. This usually means the cap or maintenance station is not working correctly.

The firmware update is very easy. I have customers do it without help.

I think you should slow down and let Randy or one of us help you (without the attitude)

Jeff

jiarby

I also have a 1604. Last year, after replacing a capping station, my printer decided my inks were out, but when I swapped them out there was still a fair bit left.

I called Mutoh support and they sent me cards that I received the next day. The service was super. I keep a spare set of ink on the shelf in case there is any trouble. I have never been out of ink to finish a job in the last 2years.

since I bough this used, I don't want to back the original owner ask who you buy from all that. I just think when the Ink Stamp Mutoh logo on it, it mean, Mutoh have to responsibility their products.

With business world now, very difficult to keep to your customer for all of us, If the smartcard bad like this, I have to hold middle the job for Mutoh to send us the smart card, ARE WE STILL BUSINESS? if not ARE YOU STILL HAVE THE BUYER FOR MUTOH IN THE FUTURE? Seat on our chair like owner will feel it.

Mutoh does have a process for dealing with this issue... you contact the dealer where you bought the ink and they will replace the card. You didn't buy from a dealer?? Caveat Emptor in my opinion.

RandyA is a stand up guy and can be a great asset to you if you own a Mutoh printer. Do what he says.

KevSign

Thank Jeff and Stacy,

I have no problem with Randy. Thank to him too. They are all work for Mutoh Manufacture policy is policy.

Just bad luck for the Black Ink Cartridge, as I mention NO PROOF I have to throw it way.

jiarby - I call Mutoh tech too, they told me contact the dealer you buy from that's why make my upset.

Give myself smiles and hugging my kids.

Kevin N.

randya

Of course Mutoh stands behind their product.
NOBODY should have to throw away a cartridge with a bad card, and certainly you don't.

The first line support is the dealer network.
Had I known that you did not have a Mutoh dealer and this was ink from the previous owner we could have saved some time and frustration. And I would have taken care of you immediately.

WE need information to track problems and to track our dealers and their response to our customers. We use this information to improve our service and to document issues to improve equipment. This information is key to providing better service and better equipment for you and our customers. The less time and effort we need to collect some basic information the better it is for all of us and the more efficiently we can work - saving you time and money as well!!!

Please PM me your printer serial#, the p/n off of the ink cartridge along with your ship to address, name and phone # and I will send out a smart card for you.

Here is the procedure for upgrading firmware:
http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/56/

You need to tell me more than you downloaded a bunch of software and it doesnt work.
I need to know information that I can use to help YOU.
Like what was the problem?
Where was the issue?
What did you download and what didnt work.

There are a lot of people here who would be glad to help you, but you need to be more specific.

Of course I hope you keep buying Mutoh, but that is your decision.
We have family and kids as well and want to be in business for the future as well.

This appears to be far overblown over one bad smart card that you received second hand with a used printer. Something that could have been resolved quickly and efficiently with some basic information and civility.

Biker Scout

Isn't Randy like the President of Mutoh America? I think the fact that he is on here offering as much help as he possibly can, means a whole lot. He's been more than helpful in many areas with my printer so far... great guy in my book!

randya

WOW! a big promotion....

Yes, Randy Rickert is the new Vice-President....

PHOENIX, AZ., June, 2009 - Randy Rickert has been promoted to Vice President/GM of Mutoh America Inc., a worldwide leader and manufacturer of large format commercial inkjet printers. Rickert has dedicated over ten years to MUTOH and has previously acquired a wealth of experience in the Digital Signage and Graphics Industry before joining Mutoh.

“I have watched Mutoh develop into a prosperous company throughout the years and I am thrilled to oversee all activities and continue the expansion of Mutoh into new markets. It is a privilege to continue meeting the goals and objectives of the entire company,” said Rickert Vice President/GM of Mutoh America Inc.

Rickert formerly served as Mutoh’s Director of Sales, Service and Marketing. During this time he held numerous positions, responsibilities, tasks and titles. Rickert started in the ink jet printer market in 1981, and has held many high level positions throughout his career.

but actually we have 3 Randy's here, and I am randy a....

I am an application guy who does some webwork, some programming, graphic design, , training, tech support and just about anything else I can do to help out Mutoh and our customers.

It is because of Randy Rickert, though, that I am here on Signs 101 giving out free help on company time, Randy really is customer oriented and a great guy to work for.

You can contact him directly if needed or desired - there is a link on www.mutoh.com on the Contact button on the menu:
http://www.mutoh.com/contact/customer_opinion.html

Biker Scout

Well, whatever... you've always presented yourself well and represented Mutoh with utmost professionalism!

Now go ask for a raise! :cool:

MVIP

Another vote for Randya's raise!

You guys are great! I have only needed you one time(it was my own fault) and you helped me out of a bind!

Plus you guys stepped up and helped out with the NE 101 meet last year. Marisol was a pleasure to deal with!

That's why I own two mutoh's!

-Matt

KevSign

Randy,
I got 2 smartcards for black ink valuejet 1604. As everyone in this forum you are did GREAT JOB and step-up clean-up Mutoh problems.

Again, Thank you for your help! and Hope Mutoh customer service learn how to help customers. If I was using third party ink, I will not call-in for Mutoh for smartcard, and I will call direct the vendor I buy third party ink from, Why do I have to cheat about this.

Randy do the right thing!!! May be my next printer is Valuejet 2606 this will replace my Roland SJ-745 74".

Kevin N.

rambo555

Randy R. comped me a set of cartridges after I attended a wrap class this year. When I tried to use them, I found all 4 of them had bad cards. I was told to contact a local supplier (per Mutohs request) and explain to the situation. I'm not a huge customer of this particular vendor, rather a frequent one. They sent me out new cards. I ended up having to have them replaced 2 times as they all gave me errors. All in all, I was happy to get them working and everything the Mutoh team provided. I met Randy A. and Randy R. and felt both really care about the product and customers.

HaroldDesign

I wouldn't know if Mutoh's support is good. Well over a year running my 1604 and I haven't needed it!
However, Randya has been very helpful with questions I've had here and there.
I wouldn't expect him to be if a swore at him, though.

randya

Randy,
I got 2 smartcards for black ink valuejet 1604. As everyone in this forum you are did GREAT JOB and step-up clean-up Mutoh problems.

Again, Thank you for your help! and Hope Mutoh customer service learn how to help customers. If I was using third party ink, I will not call-in for Mutoh for smartcard, and I will call direct the vendor I buy third party ink from, Why do I have to cheat about this.

Randy do the right thing!!! May be my next printer is Valuejet 2606 this will replace my Roland SJ-745 74".

Kevin N.

You didnt cheat about this, there is no policy for proof of purchase on ink carts. The dealer network is typically the first line of response for customer issues.

And Mutoh customer service would have been happy to help you when you called in - if you had only heeded his 3 warnings about stopping the profanity and verbal abuse you would have been happily helped immediately. We have a policy against abuse. It was the same customer service tech you talked to who sent out the cards after I got your information and gave it to him. He told me he was happy to help you. He just needed the proper information without the verbal abuse.

All of us at Mutoh are ALL glad you got what you needed on these smart cards.

We are all here to help.

And hope we can help you out again in the future.

Last edited: