• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Outdoor Jr. problems any suggestions

Every morning i have no blue...clean clean clean...then blue is there but with traces of yellow in it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stu

randya

Do you sell the foam layers on the caps ? Or you have to buy the whole capping station ?

The foam is not available separate, it is probably too difficult to install by itself.

The caps are available separately, or you can buy a capping station.

Usually, by the time you are having issues from lack of proper maintanence or just use, it makes more sense to replace the entire station.

The Sign Dude

My outdoor jr. will not print magenta. I took the cover off my carriage and the magenta tank was full of yellow. I replaced my capping about 2 months ago but the pad is swollen and only has yellow and cyan in it..no magenta. anyone else have this problem? from what I have read I need to replace the capping station and the contaminated tank (magenta) but I would like to know why this happened so that I can prevent it from happening again.

VibrantVinyl

I dont know if this helps or not but I had a similar problem with my magenta. The magenta cartridge was not magenta like the lable said. It was cyan. apparently mutoh miss lables the ink sometimes. the sw tech said that is should be fine by just emptying the color lines but it didnt help and eventually I had to change the capping station. Now I know to look at the end of the ink cartride before I put it in and look for the stamp on the plastic that tells what color is really in the ink cartridge

Color Dude

My outdoor jr. will not print magenta. I took the cover off my carriage and the magenta tank was full of yellow. I replaced my capping about 2 months ago but the pad is swollen and only has yellow and cyan in it..no magenta. anyone else have this problem? from what I have read I need to replace the capping station and the contaminated tank (magenta) but I would like to know why this happened so that I can prevent it from happening again.

Did this happen after the printer had been sitting for a little while or was it overnight? The dampers just dont contaminate overnight, like your describing. Thats why I am asking. If the home position hasnt been reset in a while, you should probably make a habit of reseting it once every week. Cross contamination comes from the head not parking correctly over the caps and the ink basically will backup through the nozzles, and get into the damper. But this usually take a few days to happen.