• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Print Head issues...All nozzles Present

Gyasi Robb

Hi Everyone

I have a Mutoh 1624x and Suddenly getting bad prints. White and Fuzzy lines all over all my Photo Prints. We have all our nozzles and have done multiple cleanings. ANy idea what the issue could be our or next steps? This happened suddenly and our print quality has suffered since then. We have ordered a New Wiper to change it in case the wiper is bad. Any other suggestions?

See pics of some prints and print head

Attachments

• badhead.jpg
    badhead.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 293
  • head1.jpg
    head1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 244

Umca

I can't imagine you have all nozzles on the printhead if you have that printout.
Add please picture of nozzle check. From service mode will be better.
Big drops - because your printhead has missalignment while print. It can be wrong step adjust or printhead align.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Is your heat on? I don't know if it's the picture quality or not, but that looks suspiciously like a lack of heat during printing.
A pic of the nozzle check would also be very useful.

zopylote

1. when cleaning check if wiper moves front to back if you had perfect nozzles and suddenly nothing just wiper
2. can be cap and pump not working properly or pump clogged...

chadorama

Owner & Sole Employee
I've had a very similar issue with a roll of Avery. I pulled my hair out for 2 days until I tried test prints on other media. Strangest thing was out of the two rolls of exactly the same Avery, 1 roll printed great the other was almost identical to your pic.