• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Rockhopper I for Motocross, MX Graphics

trebdesign

Hi,

I have found this printer (Mutoh Rockhopper I) for 2.5k of second hand and I'm thinking of buying it to make graphics for motocross bikes,.. What do you think about this printer, it has good quality? is good printer for this?

Thanks

SlightlyChilled

I think thats a little high. What rip do you have? Have you seen it run? They don't make the heads for that any more. and are going up up up

heyskull

Rockhopper is a slow old printer.
Also you wlll need a decent plotter to cut the graphics as the material is very thick.
The price for MX materials is prohibitive high and makes making a profit very difficult.
Only use Convex or Substance materials as nothing else works as well.

We shut down printing MX graphics because the customer was not willing to pay for the unique design and time it takes to create these graphics.
Not to mention again the expensive materials!
We ended up well out of pocket to yhe tune of thousands when we tried another material!

SC

Flame

Eh just let him do it guys. In 2 months he'll be broke and stuck with a giant doorstop. lol. He isn't catching on.