• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh software

66duane

Have a real problem,, saved my money and bought a mutah falcon outdoor jr printer,, problem is the software that came with it isnt compat with windows vista and nobody seems to know what to do except to pay 2400 for flexi which i dont have,,,,,, any other way to make ISIS work on vista? meanwhile the printer sits going to pot,, Thanks Mutoh,,,,,,,,,,

66duane

upgrade?

and if mutoh doesnt have the drivers for a falcon jr for vista they would have it for windows 8 ?

randya

It is designed to run ONLY on Windows 2000 or XP.
ISIS was released in 2002, and last updated in 2004.
It was a free RIP that did not take hold of the market.
It lists the Falcon Outdoor as supported.
You might need an activation code to install or activate, and it appears support ended somewhere around 2009.

CS-SignSupply-TT

ISIS alternative?

Have a real problem,, saved my money and bought a mutah falcon outdoor jr printer,, problem is the software that came with it isnt compat with windows vista and nobody seems to know what to do except to pay 2400 for flexi which i dont have,,,,,, any other way to make ISIS work on vista? meanwhile the printer sits going to pot,, Thanks Mutoh,,,,,,,,,,

CS Sign Supply can offer you FlexiPRINT. Please let me know how I may help.

CRD

Flexi 8.1 will work too and there are dongleless versions moving around on the net to start you up. Just look around.
In mean time just perform some manual nozzle check to keep the heads clean.
Once the other day is enough.
As said if the ISIS is 100% working buy a 30$ XP machine with a parallel port and use it as a dedicated RIP machine.

BTW the fun just started.
Once it works you forget all the troubles.

Paco

westpointsigns

just buy an old xp computer off craigslist for running isis

Do This.

Or go to a Pawn Shop, check out the local Salvation Army and Goodwill Thrift Stores and pick one up running XP or even XP Pro.

Goodwill and Salvation Army both check the computers out and wipe everything but the OS, and you can usually pick them up for around $100 if they have anything in stock.

66duane

well the latest saga in a ole mans quest!

to print at least one something or another if it kills me,,, I got a lap top with windows xp on it,, guess what the software loaded, its a acer but has some sparkle in one corner and the rest is used,,, i loaded the thing and sure enough it was a 30day trial deal and at the end of the 30days you had to enter another code,, well i call a really nice guy a mutah and he emailed me the key,, break and i had hope,, well after messing around all day i never got the printer to be recognized by the software but the computer did but cant find the one thing that shakes the hands, when I went to print something i get a error code of 123445 and for the life of me that means nothing and i cant find it in the book,,,,,,, anyone want to help a old guy? I sure could use it,,,,,,,,,, thanks

66duane

i guess it doesnt matter anymore

i ran a test print,, got that figured out but unfortunately it probably doesnt matter,,,,, the yellow doesnt work and the red is pink so the thing i suppose is on the last leg,, well sorry guys a ole mans dream just turned into a nighmare,, i now have nothing,,,,,,, thanks for all your help but its now junk,,,,,, duane

Matt-Tastic

sadly, buying a 10-12 year old printer can often be more hassle than its worth. especially if you're buying from the previous owner. There are some mechanical parts on there that people are still interested in (its hard to find parts for those old machines), so even if you don't use it as a printer, it may not be a total loss!

Robert M

Trade in

Mutoh is offering a big trade in value for that printer. They will also finance you if you don't have the cash in hand. PM me for more info.

66duane

im already eating dog

busicuts and stale bread over this darn thing,,,,,,,, i downloaded a cheap trial rip program and it printed its logo and ran its oh darn i forgot what its called but still cant get the yellow to run out,, any suggestions,,,, sometimes ya see it faint and theres yellow in the print head,,,mmmmm big hammer or small hammer,,,,,,, i dont do enough printing to spend all that money,, i thought i would be easier on this ole guy to print some of the stuff instead of layering it but,, wifey has my insurance and will in her hand, said i dont look good,,,,,,, come on guys help me meeeeeee im failing fast! id even pay for a techie to come and get it right,,,,,,,,another month of doggie biscuits ..........

edgette

Check Mutoh's website for a local tech that can come and check the machine. I don't know what you paid but the bill for the tech and any parts you need could exceed the purchase price of a used machine like that, depending on the time and parts needed. My JR was a PITA as well and got traded in for a new printer.

CRD

You can keep complain but you can als head a positive way as long as it prints something.
1] Show the test print so we can see what fails.
2] Did you perform any cleaning sofar?
3] How look the dampers? Empty-full-half full.
4] Does the wiper move/slide or is it stuck due to dried up ink?

Let us know so we can assist to TRY to get you running or at least we can advise in which state your machine is currently.

Paco