• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ultima SC1400D

yamaha581

We have an Ultima SC1400D that we use to cut motocross graphics. We are cutting 21 mil material so we need the 60 degree blades. I have been having trouble finding a place that sells them for our cutter. Does anyone know anywhere that does? I just bought some online and spent $60 on 3 and they didn't even last me a month so I am trying to find somewhere new.

Thanks!

heyskull

We have also used the SC1400D to cut moto-x graphics.
To be brutally honest, "it is not up to the job".
We had a guy here in the UK supply us a 60 degree blade but the amount of extra pressure and how slow the machine has to be made to cut the material it just wrecks the machine.
It should be able to cut this material as it states that it can put a lot of pressure on the blade but sadly it does not.
We had to replace x axis belt and pulleys before deciding their is just not enough money (read very little) to be made printing and cutting your own moto-x graphics.

SC

I don't cut many moto graphics. When we do, we just double our contour cut path so it runs the exact same path 2 times.
Less pressure on the machine and I don't swap my blades out. Takes a bit longer of course but Oh well.

yamaha581

I appreciate the responses. We have been doing this for awhile with this cutter and do not have much problems. I am just trying to find a new plate to buy the 60 degree blades if anyone knows where to get them at online?