• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh valuejet 1204 settings errased?

Arstron

When I came in yesterday morning, all of the settings on my valuejet was set to what I am assuming is factory default. I had flushing lines on each side of the print, all of my preset media settings was gone, print feed adjustment, all reset. I am slowly trying to get all of my settings set back, but would anyone know what would cause this? The machine was not unpluged the night before, I have version 1.18 firmware installed, and the machine is 2 years old.

Also, right now I am having a problem with some with greys, if I use say 30% black, the vector will be silver, but with black speckles. All other colors I have printed seem fine though.

MacDaddy

this will happen when the NVRAM is cleared... Sometimes has to be done when updating firmware... Other than that I have no clue as to why... Are you sure nobody was playing around in a hidden menu and accidently cleard the NVRAM?
:supersmilie:

MVIP

Did it lose power?

My VJ1304 does this when unplugged the plugged back in. You should have your printer hooked up to a Good Back-up Power supply with surge protection.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

randya

Did it lose power?

My VJ1304 does this when unplugged the plugged back in. You should have your printer hooked up to a Good Back-up Power supply with surge protection.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

It should not, we move machines to trade shows and never loose settings.

However, settings are NOT fully saved, unless the machine is powered down normally. So if you make a change and unplug the machine it does not get written to NVRAM.

Arstron

The machine was turned off but not unpluged. A power backup system has been on my list of things I need, however the boss keeps saying its not in the budget. Also I havnt made any settings changes to this machine in many months other then switching media types. I just turned it on after sitting this weekend and all the settings are still there. No one else in the shop has any clue what they are doing on the printer, as far as I know, no one had touched it, but is it possible to reset all settings to factory default?

randya

It is possible, in maintenance mode.
It does not sound like the case here.

Normally there will be a setting parameter sheet tucked in the left service door that would have your settings.

A dealer or a tech could talk you through reentering these manually, if a software back up is not available.