• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1304 Black ink issue

SurfCitySigns

So I had a tech come out to find out why the black was binding so badly.
We did a thorough cleaning and replaced pump, wiper, and cap.
Still lines in the black.

Im not sure why, maybe an attempt to help, but he "turned off" the A nozzle on the black. He said this should help, but it will print slower.
I had no problem with that at the time and the binding went away.

recently I noticed the dampers needed to be changed which I did.
2 weeks after changing dampers, the binding it back.

I want to turn the "A nozzle" back on, but didn't see how he did it, and Im having trouble getting a hold of him. Does anyone know how to do this?
I'm hoping this will fix the issue.

randya

In your profile settings or machine settings.

Superfine is the wave setting that will print using only channal A or B.
Change to anything but Superfine and you will use both channels.

SurfCitySigns

We rarely use Superfine, usually just Fine & Wave 1 or 2 but the problem is there with all the wave settings.
Just tried the syringe trick in the drainage pipe (going to the pump) with 70% isopropyl and it came out relatively clean so there don't seem to be any clogs.

Edserv

We get some banding with certain prints, while others look awesome. I (might wrongly) believe that the art files have something to do with this. Just because it's inconsistent. Especially when we receive pdf's. But overall, we're very happy with our Mutoh.

SurfCitySigns

We were using denatured alcohol to clean it before being advised by a new tech that we should only use 70% iso. The problem was there before we began using the iso and nothing has improved or worsened since.

FatCat

We were using denatured alcohol to clean it before being advised by a new tech that we should only use 70% iso. The problem was there before we began using the iso and nothing has improved or worsened since.

I would strongly suggest ordering a bottle of ultra cleaning solution from Fellers, SignWarehouse, etc. It does a MUCH better job cleaning the printer and will last a long time since you use less of it.