• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204 Dropping Data?

Idea Design

I don't know how to best describe this other than with pictures. I switched from machines running XP to 7 and initially had a problem with Flexi 8.5 and my printer just stopping mid-print. I (after advice from the fine folks on this forum) upgraded to the free update to 8.6 and that solved the print stopping problem, but now I have adopted this new fun scenario.

The 1204 is on my network and is being controlled by Windows 7 running FlexiPRO 8.6 and Production Manager.

I will add that before windows 7, I never had on lick of trouble with this printer at all. I have changed the entire maint station on it, but other than that, no trouble whatsoever.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20110215_123954.jpg
    IMG_20110215_123954.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20110215_124008.jpg
    IMG_20110215_124008.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 84

randya

You may also want to back everything up and reset Preferences in Flexi to default.

This will wipe out all your profiles and files, so you will need to reload them after you reset.

Preferences can sometimes get corrupted.

Idea Design

is it reproducing the same error in the same spot multiple times?

Very similar error, but very rarely in the same spot. Different files, same problem.

You may also want to back everything up and reset Preferences in Flexi to default.

This will wipe out all your profiles and files, so you will need to reload them after you reset.

Preferences can sometimes get corrupted.

Is there a specific way to approach this? I'm not with the machine in question so I can't look. I keep all my media profiles in a folder for loadability but I've never defaulted the preferences in Flexi before. Illustrator, but never Flexi.

Thanks all for the great suggestions. Much appreciated.

ETA: I am running FlexiSIGN-PRO 8.6v.2 Build 1472

Idea Design

Anybody have any more direction on this problem? I dumped and restored preferences and that seemed to fix the problem for a while, but now it's back. I dumped and restored factory default prefs again, and the problem persists.

?