• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help My 3200 printer recieves and prints very slowly, here are my details

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
So its a Yingye 3200 printer and i know its chinese with all the issues these machines have but. It has two dx5 heads with a dx5 double head (V910M11/V8333E0YD) mother board on top of it(photo attached) and on the side where the connection with the computer is initiated is the dx5 double head v862X106-V8/YD (Also photo attached) motherboard. This is where the ethernet port is located.

Now the way that it prints its by direct ports from the maintop printer manager which is responsible for sending jobs directly from maintop to those boards mentioned above.

The problem starts when recieving and printing, it goes one side and rests then finishes one move which takes alot of time, and keeps saying not responding on the maintop software.

Things i have noticed is that the ethernet port lights with orange and red, while it should be green and orange, even on othere printers here the light is green and orange, now orange and red indicates that the speed of the ethernet is slow, even after trying other computers, telling me that its not the computer its the printer so how do I exactly fix this. It wastes alot of time.

The other photo is for the only software for seting up the boards, thats the only one they gave us.

Please help

Attachments

• B9409B96-0FCB-4669-94A6-E22069124231.jpeg
    B9409B96-0FCB-4669-94A6-E22069124231.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 670
  • 1DB0BFC2-283B-4CF8-88F8-52B08226D466.jpeg
    1DB0BFC2-283B-4CF8-88F8-52B08226D466.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 126

netsol

Premium Subscriber
NORMALLY,
red flashing indicates network collisions.

you could try downloading something like wireshark and see if you can see any sort of unusual event that happens while the led flashes red. It is possible you may need to reconfigure and isolate the printer in a vlan but i tend to think this is just a case of poorly implimented firmware.

The problem with chinese devices like this is no one is killing themselves correcting what they consider to e "minor" issues

How are you connected?
Gigabit switch?
Is it a smart switch?

If the device is a cheap one, try another.
It might be worth going into your router and exploring QOS settings and list the pc and printer, like you would with cisco or other VOIP phones.

It occurs to me your problem may just be an absurdly long time out after collision, before the device resends the lost packet

I suppose as a test you could simply connect the pc and printer directly through a cheap gigabit switch. I don't like using a direct ethernet connection (1 cable) from pc to printer in these cases, it introduces more problems than it cures. If you try this, the indicator would be no more red flashing, not necessarily an increase in speed. We would need to explore machine settings, service menu access, etc.

It may be a waste of time but have you tried emailing tech support for the manufacturer?
One last question, does this happen all the time? Only with complex jobs.?
Only when printing white?
Have you tried a "simple" test job, to see if there are still collisions?

I will be watching this thread if you reply

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
NORMALLY,
red flashing indicates network collisions.

you could try downloading something like wireshark and see if you can see any sort of unusual event that happens while the led flashes red. It is possible you may need to reconfigure and isolate the printer in a vlan but i tend to think this is just a case of poorly implimented firmware.

The problem with chinese devices like this is no one is killing themselves correcting what they consider to e "minor" issues

How are you connected?
Gigabit switch?
Is it a smart switch?

If the device is a cheap one, try another.
It might be worth going into your router and exploring QOS settings and list the pc and printer, like you would with cisco or other VOIP phones.

It occurs to me your problem may just be an absurdly long time out after collision, before the device resends the lost packet

I suppose as a test you could simply connect the pc and printer directly through a cheap gigabit switch. I don't like using a direct ethernet connection (1 cable) from pc to printer in these cases, it introduces more problems than it cures. If you try this, the indicator would be no more red flashing, not necessarily an increase in speed. We would need to explore machine settings, service menu access, etc.

It may be a waste of time but have you tried emailing tech support for the manufacturer?
One last question, does this happen all the time? Only with complex jobs.?
Only when printing white?
Have you tried a "simple" test job, to see if there are still collisions?

I will be watching this thread if you reply
Well thanks,
First, i did contact them they weren’t sure why so they sent out this connection cable that runs from the main board all the way to the head board up there, this ddnt change a thing, in the picture they labeled it internet access.
Second well its a direct connection from a computer to a printer thats how I always knew it is supposed to be, and i knew this because i have a 1.8m printer of the same manufacture and it uses a direct connection too, and it never lagged,

Also, Yes it happens all the time, it is even worse when when the work is huge like 1200x300 cm this takes forever, but even a 100cm x 100cm also lags but atleast after two runs meaning left to right twice then it stops before continuing.

I also attached the network card photo and computer specs to see if there is anything fueling that.

And about the firmware i kinda agree they poorly designed these boards, i dont know how but with a bit of experience i have on printers this could be it.

Attachments

• E6AECF80-B50A-4583-8FAF-ED9BF5887BAF.jpeg
    E6AECF80-B50A-4583-8FAF-ED9BF5887BAF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 118

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Can you order amazon?
It would be worth plugging in a small gigabit switch between the pc and printer
All these network devices "autonegotiate" deciding if a regular canle or crossover cable is needed.
Until a few years ago microsoft told us direct connection, without a switch was not supported cofiguration.

Autoegotiation does not guarantee a device functios properly i either mode.

Last month we had serious issues with a $30,000 cisco router that would not link without a crossover cable. So this is not outside the realm of possibility.

One more question, what software/rip are you using?
Perhaps a bad header or identification bit comng before the data

It might be woth trying a 7 day demo of flexisign to see if the improperly implimented driver is causing all those red flashes. T

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
I
Can you order amazon?
All these network devices "autonegotiate" deciding if a regular canle or crossover cable is needed.
Until a few years ago microsoft told us direct connection, without a switch was not supported cofiguration.

Last month we had serious issues with a $30,000 cisco router that would not link without a crossover cable. So this is not outside the realm of possibility.

It might be woth trying a 7 day demo of flexisign to see if the improperly implimented driver is causing all those red flashes. T
use maintop for ripping, and while ripping maintop also prints to the printer its like all in one.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you have EXACTLY the correct printer selected?
Does maintop have any device specific settings that could be wrong?
Anything in advanced? Any "restore defaults" ?

I suspect if we can fix or minimize the "collisions" and loss and resending of data that your performance will be remarkably better

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
A
Can you order amazon?

It might be woth trying a 7 day demo of flexisign to see if the improperly implimented driver is causing all those red flashes. tru
We

I suspect if we can fix or minimize the "collisions" and loss and resending of data that your performance will be remarkably better
i

well I uninstall maintop several times and still gets the same issue., i even tried to use a wrong printer driver it did print but was still sloww

netsol

Premium Subscriber
ARE YOU SURE, the network is linked at gigabit speed?
This actually could just be a problem with your lan interface on the pc
I still suggest you get a 5 port gigabit switch and 2 Cat 6 cables (less than $30. From amazon in USA
This could save us hours of poking around
Send me the details of your pc
Manufacturer, model
Operating system
Go to device manager and see what the ethernet is identified as
If wrong driver is loaded, it probably defaults to 100mb
If corrrect driver is loaded, we can probably force to gigabit speed

I have been a network consultant since the early 1990's, we will get this resolved, one way or the other

Please do not remove and reload anymore. This never helps and can introduce additional problems

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
ARE YOU SURE, the network is linked at gigabit speed?
This actually could just be a problem with your lan interface on the pc
I still suggest you get a 5 port gigabit switch and 2 Cat 6 cables (less than $30. From amazon in USA
This could save us hours of poking around
Send me the details of your pc
Manufacturer, model
Operating system
Go to device manager and see what the ethernet is identified as
If wrong driver is loaded, it probably defaults to 100mb
If corrrect driver is loaded, we can probably force to gigabit speed

I have been a network consultant since the early 1990's, we will get this resolved, one way or the other

Please do not remove and reload anymore. This never helps and can introduce additional problems

Attachments

• 0F71E2E0-3CF8-4E12-9647-890FC6754DCE.jpeg
    0F71E2E0-3CF8-4E12-9647-890FC6754DCE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • 824E91A7-750E-4D8A-AD8E-012B7ED7116D.jpeg
    824E91A7-750E-4D8A-AD8E-012B7ED7116D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 144

netsol

Premium Subscriber
can you check link status? i am pretty sure it will show 100 mb speed link
this could be because the interface doesn't support a gigabit speed in the absence of a network switch (the connection IS different)
it could also be the network descriptor sent out by your printer is not recognized by the O/S so we default to slower speed
there is also a slim chance that we only do gigabit on a "properly configured" network with dhcp and dns services running

when you open a command prompt <start, run, cmd, enter then type ipconfig <enter> do you show just an ip address (what is it? ) and a subnet
ie: 192.168.1.100 , 255.255.255.0 or do you show a (fictitious) gateway ie: 192.168.1.1 ? there are a million rules & not a lot of standardization (and not a lot of standardization FOLLOWED)

here is an article from microsoft on forcing your connection to gigabit speed:

give it a try

i just checked, i can not add an address in tanzania to my amazon account (i have done this for several european countries, i figured it was worth a try)

keeping my fingers crossed that this will resolve your issue

123sticker

123sticker
Hi there.
I also have several 'chinese' 320 cm printers. I know this issue!!! With me, the problem was 'lack of computer power'. So, the computer has to calculate a lot of data to do '1 pass'.
That's why it prints, and then waits. Go to your task manager and look for CPU / MEMORY usage. I'm pretty sure more interenal memory or a heavier PC will solve the problem. It did for us!!
Also it is important, that the rip (.prt) file is on the same computer as where the printer is connected through. We have our RIP software set to 'print to file' and when the rip is ready, we copy that PRT file to the computer that has the control/printer software. It's some extra work, but for that it works good.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
All valid points
He has an orange link led, so we are receiving data at 1/10 rated speed, bur it's the chicken or the egg.
Is it slow because of the red flashing (network collisions) or are the collisions because it processes stupidly after autonegotiation failed?
I suggested forcing the speed up to gigabit, which, i know would work if he had a gigabit switch

THEN he could deal with lack of cpu. He caught my attention, because i wouldn't mind acquiring one of those machines! How many problems did you have before yours were up and running?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
If you can follow microsoft document and FORCE gigabit speed, even with collisions (red flash) things will progress 10 times faster. Then we can fine tune the process.

I am just not sure you can force faster speed in the absense of a network switch. There are requirements in the network devices that microsoft has no control of. Give it a try...

AGCharlotte

Now the way that it prints its by direct ports from the maintop printer manager which is responsible for sending jobs directly from maintop to those boards mentioned above.
This sounds like he's got a crossover cable between the printer and whatever's running the software. I can't tell but it sounds like the cable's been replaced but still seems sketchy (like Cat5 vs Cat5e or Cat6). Routing through a switch with some good cables like netsol said sounds like a good idea.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
This sounds like he's got a crossover cable between the printer and whatever's running the software. I can't tell but it sounds like the cable's been replaced but still seems sketchy (like Cat5 vs Cat5e or Cat6). Routing through a switch with some good cables like netsol said sounds like a good idea.
the problem is, you never know how a proprietary network interface "broadcasts" or identifies itself.
when we use a switch, we can at least end up with 2 connections, each of which identifies itself as a gigabit connection

123sticker

123sticker
I think all these chinese printers work the same. The connection between the control software and the printer is over USB.... Yes, i know... not ideal.... It means that for every printer you need a computer to print. With Roland; we have 3 printers connected to 1 rip. That is impossible with these chinese models.

AGCharlotte

I think all these chinese printers work the same. The connection between the control software and the printer is over USB.... Yes, i know... not ideal.... It means that for every printer you need a computer to print. With Roland; we have 3 printers connected to 1 rip. That is impossible with these chinese models.
from his photos, the only connection I see is ethernet.

sethkyejo

Tonyrich Arts
Well i tried using the ethernet to USB adapter and still it didn’t fix the issue, it is a 3.0 USB.

Using .prt this was my go to option at first but it only helps when the artwork is small.

Also printing a 480cm x 300cm with 720x720dpi 4PASS on maintop makes 15gb of .PRT file i dont know if this info helps. It seems alot somehow. I was wondering if I could try a different type of software for ripping as long as it rips prt files.

If it were to print a lower size prt but maintain the same quality I could bypass it and print my artworks as test prints.

In short am still struggling with this printer although it is so quick when it is at full capacity. I love it at that.