• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first box truck install

ironchef

Good morning 101'ers, i have an install for this weekend. 4'x6' logo going on a box truck. Which is the best way to install this? All one piece? And do a horizontal center hinge method? Any tips on how to use the roller pro? This will be my first time using that as well. Please advise, thanks!

I would definitely do a piece that size in a single piece. What type of vinyl you using? A hinge method would work fine for that. Biggest tip on the roller pro I can give is just make sure you do not collapse the channel for the air. If you see a bubble starting to form, just stop immediately so it can be fixed and you don't have to lift the vinyl back up. Usually when I am showing our new installers how to use one, I will just have them do a few of the rivets at a time so incase it needs to be pulled back up, you don't have to pull much back

SIGNTIME

check out some youtubes on the rolle and bring some scrap vinyl to test first... i would mask the vinyl and install in one piece leaving an air channel over each row of rivets then peel masking and roll the rivets ... be careful on the last rivet should take about 30 mins per side

ironchef

Thanks guys, i just ordered a roll of avery 1005, and ill be laminating with a mactac cast lam. Im trying to use it up, ill be buying the avery kit for the van i have to wrap next week

wmshuman

I would get a rivet tool and take off the rivets. Obviously, you can only do a section at a time doing it this way but will make your install effortless. Hopefully it's not one of the box trucks that has rivets every six inches but considering it is only a 4'x6' piece, I think you would be better off to remove them first.

ProWraps

I would get a rivet tool and take off the rivets. Obviously, you can only do a section at a time doing it this way but will make your install effortless. Hopefully it's not one of the box trucks that has rivets every six inches but considering it is only a 4'x6' piece, I think you would be better off to remove them first.

oh good god.

ProWraps

ok ill bite.

first off, you make lame chineese lead infested chochkies for a living.

i wrap thousands of vehicles.

capiche?

second off, you make lame chineese lead infested chochkies for a living.

my work here is done.

wmshuman

Why would that be crazy? We have done it before and he is not doing a full wrap so I don't see the problem here.

ProWraps

no crazy is someone that wears a red wig and shoots people in a movie theater.

what you suggested is stupid.

HulkSmash

Because wrapping over rivets is just as easy as not wrapping over rivets?
unless you're inexperienced, then you should learn instead of taking unnecessary shortcuts.

wmshuman

ok ill bite.

first off, you make lame chineese lead infested chochkies for a living.

i wrap thousands of vehicles.

capiche?

second off, you make lame chineese lead infested chochkies for a living.

my work here is done.

Thousands of vehicles? Yeah buddy sure you did. You average three posts a day since the day you signed up on this website. Just cause I don't post everyday since the day I signed up, doesn't make me any less knowledgeable than you. I actually work in my shop versus sitting at the computer and typing away on a sign forum.

HulkSmash

Sorry I quoted the wrong post. Didn't mean you.

phew, had to delete my other response.
but seriously don't suggest to remove the rivets. It really isn't worth the time or effort.

As for Prowraps, I know him personally, and he can wrap 30 sprinters in 6 days. Trust me, it's thousands.