• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first box truck install

Patentagosse

I refered to vertical channel method they recommand in the video...

Attachments

• Channel.jpg
    Channel.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 85

synergy_jim

i just finished a 16ft trailer that had screws instead of rivets. Took me extra 40 seconds a panel to push the rivets down. why on earth would you remove it, there's no real argument there, just people looking for a shortcut and trying to do it the wrong way.

I will say we have found that taking the large screws out one panel at a time in the graphic area works great. Not rivets though....

ProWraps

we wrap 53' semis in 3 hours.

its all thanks to the rollepro. it took what was hours and hours of hand numbing missery down to minutes.

learn the technique and you will never look back, nor will you be so happy as you will be when you realize what a time saver it is.

ironchef

Wow 53' trailers with corrugations like that? (Waynes world)... Im not worthy, lol. I didnt do a contour becsuse, well that was my first time doing a full color sign on a riveted truck not to mention those corrugations. Oh and i did use the roller pro, i was so hungry and tired i forgot lol

mudmedia

Adam not sure if its the glare in the picture or not but did you cut the rivets? Not sure if the white line I am seeing around the rivets could be the lights.

Looks great I have tried using the rollepro and it is a great tool I just could never get them to lay down tight enough especially after seeing them in a couple weeks.

i just finished a 16ft trailer that had screws instead of rivets. Took me extra 40 seconds a panel to push the rivets down. why on earth would you remove it, there's no real argument there, just people looking for a shortcut and trying to do it the wrong way.

HulkSmash

Adam not sure if its the glare in the picture or not but did you cut the rivets? Not sure if the white line I am seeing around the rivets could be the lights.

Looks great I have tried using the rollepro and it is a great tool I just could never get them to lay down tight enough especially after seeing them in a couple weeks.

no cuts... just laid right over

ironchef

I habe another trailer to do in two weeks, amy advise or insight on how you guys deal with rivets and corrugations together?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad the trailer worked out well for ya iron, but this thread was just so much fun to read, I am so glad you started it.

I almost thought we were talking to Clinton..... what's a screw ?? I.... I.... mean 'IS' ??

Pat Whatley

I'm just curious, why wouldn't a graphic like that be contour trimmed?

Contour trim the logo and you'll eliminate half the rivet/screws and half the useless white space you have to work around the ridges. I'm thining 10 minutes work hand trimming it will save you an hour (based on your install time)

ironchef

Thanks gino, yea i feel popular starting this thread, and yes a contour cut sounds better now. I wouldnt try it with transfer tape, therefore thinking of leaving the white space in the middle under the banner uncut, what do you guys suggest?

Bly

Just grind them flush so you don't have to worry about removing or re-installing...

wayne k
guam usa

This.

You have to make sure you grind them down below the panel surface so you don't leave a lump, but.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
we wrap 53' semis in 3 hours.

its all thanks to the rollepro. it took what was hours and hours of hand numbing missery down to minutes.

learn the technique and you will never look back, nor will you be so happy as you will be when you realize what a time saver it is.

where do you buy roller pro?