• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first hanging sign

Stirling

I'm hanging a sign, approx. 4' x 4', and am uneasy about failure due to wind(its a windy area). I'm leaning towards eye screws in 3/4" MDO, or eye screws in dowels and then inserted with epoxy in HDU(to keep the weight down). I Would like advice on the safest route for such a large sign(the client may want me to go even larger). Thanx.

Pro Image

Howdee from VA...........

You need some brackets that bolt to the MDO and then attach to the eye bolts......

Signwearhouse has them.......

TheSnowman

If you get all the advise you can get here, and still don't feel good about it, I'd sub it out to someone who knows more about it, and let it be their problem. (As long as they are insured!)

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
depending on where you're hanging it....i try to attach a chain towards the bottom of the sign and the off to a wall or post...this way if it's windy, the sign won't swing around too much

Ken

No, you can't just put eyescrews into the top of the sign. You need something that will be bolted thru the sign face. And the hanging bracket needs to be just as sturdy. This is a case where over-building is in your best interest.
Ken