• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My logo- it needs an enema

mark in tx

So this is what it has been for the past 6 years.
It's not really a logo, and 3 different fonts is getting on my nerves as well.

I'm just kind of stuck with what to do to change things, I'm going to be needing to print new promotional materials, cards, brochures, etc... in the next few weeks and I guess I'm just not finding any inspiration.
I really think it is time for a change, but I honestly can't elaborate what I don't like, why I want to change it, or how I want to change it.
I've tried the trick of pretending this is just another project from a customer, but I guess it's just too close to the heart.

So, any suggestions?

Attachments

• QUICK SIGNS LOGO.jpg
    QUICK SIGNS LOGO.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 99

Jillbeans

Bend over....
I like the Quick.
But man that reads weird.
Quick of Texas Signs.
Colors are kind of iffy.
And even though I like that script, and have used it, it's not what I think of when it comes to Texas.
Try typing out both words in the script and adding OF TEXAS in the banner beneath it.
Love.....Jill

AUTO-FX

I'm no expert, but I was thinking, if you left justified "quick" and "signs" on the orange bar, and moved "of texas" to the right with a texas type of symbol behind it - the state outline, or the state flag, or a star , you know....
And yeah, freshen up the font choices. Maybe try 2 instead of 3.
Just throwin' ideas out there...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You have no rhythm or direction whatsoever, so I'd look into what you want to say.... who you want to appeal to and start in that direction.

petesign

Busy today, so I don't have time to really make it purty... but I kinda thought of something like this.

Attachments

• qst.gif
    qst.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 123

Williams Signs

Try a font that gives a sense of motion. Improve flow and of Texas doesn't have to that distinguished. Here is a thought that hit me when I looked at things. The colors need work to but here it is in your colors.

Attachments

• quick.jpg
    quick.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 96

Jillbeans

Something like this maybe?
I usually wouldn't use two fancy fonts in the same layout tho.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 80

mark in tx

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

6 years ago I would have named it different to start with, "quick" implies cheap to me.

I have been looking over Dan Antonellis' website, and Deaton Designs quite a bit for inspiration.

Trying not to copy them is difficult.