• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My magenta and yellow are not printing

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yellow and magenta are on the same head and protected by the same fuse. If they just dropped out completely out of the blue, that's probably the issue. Check your head cables to make sure they aren't dirty or damaged. If they are, replace them. Then replace the fuse. It's a 1.6 amp fuse and, depending on the age of the machine, it's user replaceable but might need to be soldered if it's an older version.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Please attach a nozzle test print. If you have absolutely nothing on the magenta/yellow head, as said by solventinkjet, then a blown fuse for sure. Besides the cables, it could be a shorted transistor on the head board or a bad head. Did anything happen before the channel loss, such as a head strike? If you know how to use a resistance meter, I can guide you through checking the fuses and transistors.

Last edited:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Did it happen overnight? If so it could be your capping station. If it happened during the day after a successful print try the fuse.

BOKAMOSO

CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
Try to do powerful cleaning and test print, if nothing happens, it will require technical maintenance

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Yellow and magenta are on the same head and protected by the same fuse. If they just dropped out completely out of the blue, that's probably the issue. Check your head cables to make sure they aren't dirty or damaged. If they are, replace them. Then replace the fuse. It's a 1.6 amp fuse and, depending on the age of the machine, it's user replaceable but might need to be soldered if it's an older version.

centerville
we are also in new jersey
do younwant me to ups you a meter and some test leads?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Take the cover off the capping station
Park the heads on the caps
Pull the line coming from the caps to the pump
Apply suction to that line with a syringe until you see ink
Do a test print