• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name my boat internet site - prices way too low

gabagoo

namemyboat.com.....customer comes in with a printout of a name for his boat...19" high letter spanning 64" 2 colours vinyl cut.... his price? $35.00 which also includes the city below the copy in about 2 - 3" copy.

I figure my cost on 2 ml vinyl alone for this job is close to $40.00 and that does not include getting it here, cutting it or premask.....

I told the customer I would never match this price, but will give him quality product. I can only think they are using 3 ml vinyl, but even still that price is way too low.

J Hill Designs

namemyboat.com.....customer comes in with a printout of a name for his boat...19" high letter spanning 64" 2 colours vinyl cut.... his price? $35.00 which also includes the city below the copy in about 2 - 3" copy.

I figure my cost on 2 ml vinyl alone for this job is close to $40.00 and that does not include getting it here, cutting it or premask.....

I told the customer I would never match this price, but will give him quality product. I can only think they are using 3 ml vinyl, but even still that price is way too low.

wow this is rediculous

Exact Lettering:
Beaver's Bounty
No. of Letters:
Letter Height:
19"
Length:
295.65"
Letter Price:
$6.50 / letter
Letter Style:
Batman Forever
Letter Color:
Burgundy
Drop Shadow:
Bottom Right
Outline:
No Outline
2nd Color:
Black - add'l 25%
Hailport Text
Shreveport, LA
Hailport Color
Black
Hailport Font
Arial Bold
TOTAL:
$113.75

Baz

For sure it is calendared vinyl.
Most likely a person working out of the house or garage without additional rent.

Mysigns4u

in my face

Printed and mounted and sent out for them to install 65.00 ?

Attachments

• IMG_3921.jpg
    IMG_3921.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 104

visual800

yep thats pretty cheap BUT you have to admit, the customer pretty much tells them ht and font and the color blah blah blah, all you gotta do is cut it and send it!

No site visits, no measuring, no back and forth about art or color, I think they guy is pretty damn smart

0igo

its probably a worker stealing product from a sign company and selling this on the side. heard a story from signarama sign shop out here that their designer stole close to $8-9k of material in a span of 7months. no telling how much he stole before that or how much he made after he sold off the stuff off. anyways that dude was pretty well off till he got caught now hes a delivery man for ups.

Sign Works

its probably a worker stealing product from a sign company and selling this on the side. heard a story from signarama sign shop out here that their designer stole close to $8-9k of material in a span of 7months. no telling how much he stole before that or how much he made after he sold off the stuff off. anyways that dude was pretty well off till he got caught now hes a delivery man for ups.

Mario, so where are you buying your vinyl now?

rossmosh

I don't get this mentality. I see it all over the place. People selling $500 worth of stuff for $150-200. Why? What's your justification? Because before you were making $12/hr at your other job and now you "own your own business" and make $15/hr?

It's one thing to undercut the competition. That's selling for $190 when everyone else wants $225. It's a whole other land of stupid to decide to sell for $100. You're leaving a minimum of $90 on the table on every single job. That's insanity.