• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a better banner material

Stacey K

I like making signs
My first couple rolls of banner material were the Jetflex 13oz. I don't like it, I want something a bit better, seems cheap to me. It's too wrinkly or something.

I really like the standard banner material that Signs365 uses. It seems so much higher quality. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

rjssigns

Interesting...all I use is JetFlex 13oz. I will say the last two rolls had buckling issues the first few feet. I'm going to see what recommendations you get and try something else too.
I'm not brand loyal. Whatever brand works with no hiccups or callbacks is what I buy.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I really like Mighty Banner. It became hard to get for a while, so we had to get Kota Pro. I don't' like it as much, but sometimes you get what you get.
And you don't throw a fit

Stacey K

I like making signs
Interesting...all I use is JetFlex 13oz. I will say the last two rolls had buckling issues the first few feet. I'm going to see what recommendations you get and try something else too.
I'm not brand loyal. Whatever brand works with no hiccups or callbacks is what I buy.
Mine did the same thing...the printer jammed up several times today and the swear words were flying LOL

2B

our favorite WAS Arlon DPF 313 13 Ounce............ it has been discontinued

the 2 "closest" that we have tested;
Zeelon 1000 Denier 13 Ounce
SuperPrint® Plus FL 13oz

ikarasu

My first couple rolls of banner material were the Jetflex 13oz. I don't like it, I want something a bit better, seems cheap to me. It's too wrinkly or something.

I really like the standard banner material that Signs365 uses. It seems so much higher quality. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
You just got a latex right? (Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else...!)

Banner tends to form to heat - so if youre only noticing ripples / wrinkles, your heat is too high or your suction is too high.

We pretty much remove all suction on our banner material, use a lower heat and add a bit of inter pass delay... Then they come out smooth. Otherwise you'll get ripples from the lines in the Platten.

If it's wrinkled before you load it... That's a whole other issue!

Stacey K

I like making signs
You just got a latex right? (Sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else...!)

Banner tends to form to heat - so if youre only noticing ripples / wrinkles, your heat is too high or your suction is too high.

We pretty much remove all suction on our banner material, use a lower heat and add a bit of inter pass delay... Then they come out smooth. Otherwise you'll get ripples from the lines in the Platten.

If it's wrinkled before you load it... That's a whole other issue!
Yes! OK, I'm going to try this. It prints fine but then at the end when it sucks it back in then spits it back out - that's where it sticks to the bottom then the head comes in and grabs the edge causing a jam.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Besides the printer issue which Ikarasu seems to have figured out, here is what I'm talking about. The white banner material is the stuff I bought. The Brian banner is from Signs365, it's smoother and lays better. I do realize mine is gloss and theirs is matte...I think I would like to switch to matte also. Am I being too picky maybe?

Attachments

• 286501853_722427752310306_5594807245097880244_n.jpg
    286501853_722427752310306_5594807245097880244_n.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 287292657_756791055501204_5838136731390436328_n.jpg
    287292657_756791055501204_5838136731390436328_n.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 287703727_1881647918695107_291430994167007506_n.jpg
    287703727_1881647918695107_291430994167007506_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 148

backpackadam

The 12oz Matte UltraFlexx DSS Blockout Banner is a good option even though it's 12oz instead of 13oz. Laird and GSG both have it.

ToneCustomSigns

We use matte banner here as well. I like the finish better. Generally, we use Ultraflex superprint and never have any issues with that particular one. We have tried others and the banner tends to wrinkle I'm supposing from the heat settings. The Superprint doesn't do that. We run solvent printers though.

signheremd

We use UltraFlex SuperPrint Plus FL 13oz and really like it. A nice plus is it seldom has any fiber strands on the edges. Used to use Duratex, like SuperPrint much better.

rjssigns

That is primarily what I use but I'm pretty sure this stuff is all coming from the same place. I think the issue is with the latex printer.
Nah, JetFlex has been buckling on my Mutoh. Usually it's gone after the first few feet or so. Couple times I've had to unspool banner behind the printer to stop it buckling.
Something changed, I've run a lot of JetFlex through my 1624x with no issues until lately. Heat, vacuum, nip pressure all the same.

BTW something changed with Arlons 6000xrp. Had print quality issues the last two rolls. Changed profiles to compensate and it was okay. Fortunately I couldn't get 6000 and ordered SLX+. Went back to the original profile and it looks incredible. Installer was shocked at the quality difference. On my second roll of SLX+ this week. No more 6000 for this guy.

2B

Besides the printer issue which Ikarasu seems to have figured out, here is what I'm talking about. The white banner material is the stuff I bought. The Brian banner is from Signs365, it's smoother and lays better. I do realize mine is gloss and theirs is matte...I think I would like to switch to matte also. Am I being too picky maybe?
those photos look like a setting issue instead of a material issue.
As suggested, try adjusting your setting

Yes, we dropped the GLOSS banner and use MATTE, works better and if we ever have to outsource, there is better likelihood of banners matching

RMarshall

I was using HP's Prime Matte Banner for a while and never had a single issue.
Recently switched to TVF's 13oz banner only because thats what a local distributor carries and he's been so helpful I try to order whatever I can from him.
TVF's banner is more flexible and the edges curl slightly while printing, but also has a smoother finish than HP's banner and the edges lay flat after it cools down.