• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a better banner material

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you running one or two banners or hooking it up to the rollers for feed ??

Otherwise, it looks like there's too much tension and you need to release that, especially if it's near the beginning of a new roll.

This has nothing to do with being latex or any other type, just basics banner.101

Stacey K

I like making signs
Are you running one or two banners or hooking it up to the rollers for feed ??

Otherwise, it looks like there's too much tension and you need to release that, especially if it's near the beginning of a new roll.

This has nothing to do with being latex or any other type, just basics banner.101
Hmmm I just unrolled a bunch of it on the roll and I think I need to play around with the printer...I don't have a take up roller, the material goes on the floor, is that what you mean by the tension?

Scotchbrite

No comment
I've found with adhesive backed film and banner material, some stuff works well in our printer and some doesn't. This is true of the Latex 260 and 560. Unfortunately it means a little trial and error at times. Specifically this is something we've had to test on cheap material, IJ180 and the like has never been a issue.

I also have a rule where I don't buy the cheapest banner material I can find. I like to use the 1000 denier stuff as it seems to hold up better. We really like a banner product made with Cooley Brite called Coolflex but when our local vendor got bought out by Grimco we couldn't get it any longer.

Duratex did not work well in our machine. Key banner does pretty good.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This is madness! Trust me, adding this will save plenty of headaches, looks like one can be purchased for a bit over $1k. Do I need to have norealsignman to tell you as much?
Every machine needs a takeup on it. I don't know how people get by without them. And burton, it's guy, not man. My wife took my stones and hid them so I couldn't run off with a younger woman

gnubler

Ha! I have a similar meme in my shop, except it's this guy:

A7tE.gif

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm I just unrolled a bunch of it on the roll and I think I need to play around with the printer...I don't have a take up roller, the material goes on the floor, is that what you mean by the tension?

I kinda thought so. We had a take up reel and some ink dripped on it and burned it up, so we never replaced it.

If you have just a little too much weight on the back end, it can wreck the way the vinyl feeds and cause it to kinda buckle/pucker. Pull off some slack and keep an eye on it. Once the new roll gets smaller and the pinchers don't have as much to yank through it will then go easier for ya. Just remember it for the next new roll.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you have just a little too much weight on the back end, it can wreck the way the vinyl feeds and cause it to kinda buckle/pucker. Pull off some slack and keep an eye on it. Once the new roll gets smaller and the pinchers don't have as much to yank through it will then go easier for ya.
Notarealsignguy .. this advise applies to your lady probabem question you had earlier.