• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need a decal for a product

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I have a product with a plastic case that has a silkscreened logo that I want to place a decal with my logo, I want it to look professional not a sticker. Any idea what I should be looking for? Any here can produce them?

visual800

So you wanting to cover up an existing logo? How large, is the case smooth or textured? do you have a pic?

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
So you wanting to cover up an existing logo? How large, is the case smooth or textured? do you have a pic?

it's pretty smooth it's only going to be about 3/8 tall by 1-1/4" or less long. I included a picture of what I want to cover.

Attachments

• 66ddcb5801.jpg
    66ddcb5801.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 184

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'd probably use a high tack printed vinyl and a low sheen or textured laminate depending on the logo. Do you have the logo already? I need something durable and uv resistant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yes I have the logo, how about a metal foil sticker?
It's not something I'm real familiar with. I think it would depend on the surface. You would want something that doesn't show the screen printed through it. You printing them yourself? I'd cut it on a plotter too. Make a run of them as needed.

ikarasu

Buy some acetone, or mineral spirits and Dab a cloth with it... Then gently rub the ink and it should come off pretty easy. From there you can do whatever vinyl design you want.

If you want it to look original though... I'd buy a $25-50 screen printing kit off eBay or Amazon. They're meant for shirts or small things for hobbyists... But it comes with everything you need to burn the screen, and you can easily remove and redo any failed attempts.

Or remove it with acetone... Buy a paint mask with the logo you want and spray paint it.

Imo, it's too small for a cut decal... I'm guessing it's a drone remote? It's really close to the buttons and will likely see a lot of finger friction... So I'd worry it'll fall off or feel weird being a cut vinyl.

Jburns

I think printed with an edge, on a stainless / brushed polyester vinyl would look good- depending on the colors. I could run a test print.

Jburns

Sorry - just checked my inventory - I have Gold, Copper, Gold and Chrome and clear to test print on- no stainless / brushed.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Depending on the logo/shape etc. you could go with a domed decal. Depending on what size those things are they wouldn't be terribly expensive and would look OEM.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
How many are you making? If it's just a few then all the suggestions above could work. If you need more you should look at screen printing or pad printing them.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Depending on the logo/shape etc. you could go with a domed decal. Depending on what size those things are they wouldn't be terribly expensive and would look OEM.
That's funny, scrolling through this thread I was thinking the exact same thing!