• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a few fresh ideas for charity logo redesign

toucan_graphics

I'm doing a logo redesign for a non-profit that helps veterans with transition after military service with help for things like PTSD, TBI (traumatic brain injury), substance abuse and other issues.

I have the basic layout they want but I'm having trouble with getting it just right.
There are a some limitations which I think is what is tripping me up. Below are client needs and wants:

MUST keep the "4R" mostly as-is... this is their trademark element.
MUST keep a Statue of Liberty as the I in America
MUST appeal to all branches of military service.

Would PREFER a soldier and civilian element - but not cartoonish. Client mentioned soldier in full gear and civilian in hoodie or similar.

This is for a cause near and dear to me being a veteran myself, so I want this to be amazing. Would y'all be willing to contribute to this worthy cause with some design help?

Thanks in advance.

America-4R-Veterans-logo.jpg

player

First step = drop all of the special effects -- bevels, fades, chrome, etc.

^^^ I agree.

I wonder how you can add a realistic soldier and a civilian to this logo as it has arched text, a coloured flag, the statue of liberty...

Clean it up, make the statue of liberty more realistic.

toucan_graphics

Start over.....SIMPLIFY. The fills and effects are just camouflaging a bad design.

I agree, but because the client wants to keep relatively the same look as the logo used for the last 4 years, my first instinct was to do exactly that. This is why I am here - I'm turd polishing at the moment and need a new direction. By the way, was your camouflage pun intentional or accidental? :smile: I didn't pick up on it at first - then I smiled a bit.

visual800

If he wants the same look why even bother? Let him keep what he has got and save your time. If we cannot take a crappy logo and completely redo it than there is no point in messing with it. First great suggestion I can over is whatever photoshop candies you have on your person, delete them and never use them again. They have no place in the logo design department.

Shadows on lettering are not black they are darker tints than the color they are on. One of my pet peeves. This logo is junk to begin with and is crap now since all the errects BUT it could be a cool logo with better fonts. IF the customer wants to keep it them same I would walk and not waste time

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I kinda like it.

It looks strong and very patriotic. What I don't like are all the effects. Perhaps, you could get rid of some of them and not have so many effects using basically the same intensity. All of your bevels and shadows are using the same values, thus making it look like a big blob, right off the bat. Toning down and lightening up here and there, if done correctly could lift that into being an easier thing to read and identify with.

JBusch260

I kinda like it.

It looks strong and very patriotic. What I don't like are all the effects. Perhaps, you could get rid of some of them and not have so many effects using basically the same intensity. All of your bevels and shadows are using the same values, thus making it look like a big blob, right off the bat. Toning down and lightening up here and there, if done correctly could lift that into being an easier thing to read and identify with.

+1. Before you completely re-do it, lose the effects and re-post for us to see.

Marlene

Before you completely re-do it, lose the effects and re-post for us to see.

agree, we need to see this without all that crap. also agree that 4R is not a good idea. this isn't a text to your BFF so why make it look kiddish? it may be part of their "trademark" but it should go. I personally hate things on an arc unless there is a very good reason for it. can't tell as the special effects are over powering the whole thing but thinking that arc might not be needed. adding another graphic to this would be a bad thing as even with all the bevels, fake chrome, shadows and sparkles gone, there still is a lot going on with the flag and statue