• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need A Source For Lighted Sign Cabinets

buggyjr12

Can anyone recommend a wholesale supplier for lighted cabinets? I'm in central PA. I used to get them from Pioneer but since Grimco purchased them they no longer offer this service. A quick internet search turned up some websites but I'm a little skeptical. Anyone have a contact?

buggyjr12

The faces can be flat polycarbonate, they don't need to be pan-faced. The one I'm working on now is a 3' x 11'.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When working with Harbor on this kinda sh!t, make sure you have EVERYTHING is writing. Some years ago, I had a large order coming from them and they messed it up so bad, it couldn't be fixed. They tried to blame me, even though I had everything in writing. They wanted me to pay partially or just accept it and they'd discount me on my next order. I hadda get the entire order from another source and luckily the other vendor came through. Harbor still wanted me to pay for certain things, cause they said they made it for us, but couldn't help that we couldn't use it. I told them, the next time they call..... to call me at this number and I gave them my attorney's number. They never called, but I got statements for almost 2 years for that. I was just lucky, my customer was understanding and waited and the other vendor came through quickly. I still hadda discount to my customer for the delay, but we were all happy in the end. Hence, another reason for putting enough markup on things.

buggyjr12

Yeah, I just talked to Harbor and they informed me that they have an outside supplier for cabinets so really they're just a middle-man. I'd like to find a supplier to work with directly.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Only ones I know of are in the South. Faces out of Alabama is a good source... but freight might cost half of what the cabinet are.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can say this from experience from myself and many others in the area...... Ron is about the biggest CROOK around these parts.

His MO is to quote you and ask you questions about lettering it for you also, but he has other methods for obtaining who the end-user will be. Then, he goes behind your back and quotes the end-user direct and cut's you outta the picture. I'll bet I can name 6 other shops he's done this to. Most guys will not use him, as he doesn't just wholesale, he sells direct to your customers.

aerial

QCB
21St Century Signs in Williamsport made us a beautiful large sign cabinet. They manufacture in house and will wholesale.