• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Advice On Flatbed Table Applicator

FatCat

We had been looking for several months, we weren't yet ready to make the jump to a flatbed printer, but needed to increase production in our shop. A flatbed applicator seemed like a reasonable solution, though I admit they are pricey. Of course I looked at all tables on youtube - I admit that I only ever got to operate the CWT and a RollsRoller firsthand, so I can't really say on the other units with any real experience. One major thing I like about the CWT is that there is no crossbar over the roller, to me it seemed like it would get in the way like on the RollsRoller. I know there are many out there that are happy with their RollsRoller and say it isn't an issue, so it might just be me.

However, I will say that choosing between a CWT and a RollsRoller is like choosing between a Chevy and a Ford truck. They're both built rock solid, will last years with proper care and upkeep. Another thing that made me choose the CWT is that the folks at the show really cared about what they were selling as if it was their own reputation. Last but not least they made me a heck of a deal to take the table at the show which was already assembled and ready to go. If you have the opportunity I would definitely try to use all of them to find out your preference, but for us everything came together with the CWT. We've been using it for a year and I can say its been a huge help in our shop. Just mounted four 4x8 prints on alumacor last night by myself and it took less than 20 minutes - by myself. I honestly don't think you'd go wrong with either a CWT or RollsRoller, both are good, solid products.

Furda WFP

Hi all,
Low cost version of the table u can find in Hungary,its called
BUBLE-FREE.
a1c632d1b3e646d4d346de8d45343250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatCat

Does the CWT have a pressure setting?

If so what pressure do you set the table to for most things?

Not really, but it does have variable pressure because the actuator switch for the pneumatics allows you to really "bury" the roller if you need lots of pressure, or you can just lightly drop it down on something - but not an exact science, kind of a touchy-feely kind of thing. *I will note, I believe on the RollsRoller there is no wiggle room at all on this, the roller either completely raises, or completely lowers with no in-between. The CWT, you can raise it or lower it as much or little as you want/need.

bulldozer

Rumor has it that the owner of rolls-roller and cwt are related and decided to go seperate ways. I have both, i prefer my CWT because of the variable pressure.

ThatGuy

Twin brothers by different mothers?

I can say that our CWT table has been nothing but the best piece of equipment bought for production in this shop. It saved from having to hire another employee. That fact alone allowed it to pay for itself in less than 1 year.

If I was to start another sign company tomorrow, the CWT table would be the 1st piece of equipment I bought. Right after the trip to psychiatrist for doing this again. I was retired before starting this one.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Does the CWT have a pressure setting?

If so what pressure do you set the table to for most things?

Yes and no. There is a main pressure valve on the bottom of a CWT which can allow you to increase the maximum pressure applied. CWT does some cool things, though, because you can lightly/quickly tap the 'down' button and increase the overall pressure from light to max but tapping the trigger. Hard to explain in email, but I have a video I could send you so you have a visual.

I have sold RollOver and CWT flatbed machines - for very distinct reasons. They are both beautiful machines and work flawlessly.

Kala is getting into the market as well. They are from France and they make a great roller laminator. They do have a pressure adjustment on the trigger which allows you to visually see a pressure measurement with lights from 1-5.

Downward pressure on these isn't hugely important, though, unless you are dealing with easily crushable substrates like pillowing foamboards. I'd venture a bet that most people using flatbed laminators are pretty much running max pressure most of the time. The roller has a soft durometer (compared to a roller laminator) making it pretty forgiving.

Since this is not a forum for selling, you are welcome to email me if you would like to know more. I'm in the midwest but we move these machines all over the country. I can tell you why people prefer one vs the other and depending on where you are from, put you in front of a device so you can see it in action. My email is Mark@HascoGraphics.com .

I love selling the

Twin brothers by different mothers?

I can say that our CWT table has been nothing but the best piece of equipment bought for production in this shop. It saved from having to hire another employee. That fact alone allowed it to pay for itself in less than 1 year.

If I was to start another sign company tomorrow, the CWT table would be the 1st piece of equipment I bought. Right after the trip to psychiatrist for doing this again. I was retired before starting this one.
Hi, I been reading and watching video with this machine
Which one you have the small?

zillion29

We got a Roll-X application table here last summer. We were all resistant to the idea, but came around when we realized that you could do a 4x8 full cover job in 10 minutes dry instead making a mess everywhere wet. But be warned - it has a margin of error. You can't put a 4x8 print on a 4x8 panel - it always pulls and stretches at some point. Static is also monstrous - ever get a shock right through your crotch? You'll feel every hair on your body standing on end and this sick crackle and then someone gets zapped - the thing ships with this pathetic little ESD cord hanging beneath it.
But my #1 beef is that it sucks at laminating. Ours doesn't create enough pressure to put down 3M 8520 and 8515 without silvering. So you end up having to squeege the crap out of it and, because of the aforementioned static, even cleaning a print completely is no guarantee that some dust particle with be sucked from across the room just to wreck your job.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Our new RollsRoller will be delivered next week. I looked at a bunch of different tables and decided on the RollsRoller. These guys are the originators and I feel build the highest quality table out there. My buddy has a CWT and it bows in the middle so the roller always rolls to the middle. I'll post pics and video soon!
Greg

bigben

I like the Kala applikator model. You can add more tables at the end to have the size you want. I did not try it, but I think it will be my choice.

ThatGuy

My CWT table has a slight "bow" in the middle but it flattens when the roller is in down position. I laminate & mask 12 to 14 foot lengths with no problem at all.
I have included a picture with the roller just touching the "hump". This is with no pressure on the table. This is gone with the roller in full down position.

Attachments

• Table roller.jpg
    Table roller.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 383

BALLPARK

Many of the models in this thread are really cool inventions. Sign equipment is just cool...

Curious as to how many of the current users have flatbed printers as well. Did you have the flatbed before or purchase one after your roller applicator was purchased?

I wish I had few of the models in this thread. I like to use traditional style laminators. We do apply graphics to ACM when we don't want to risk head strikes on the printer for larger sizes, so that would be cool to have for those. They just look so cool and I want one for that reason alone..lol.

What percentage do you use the applicator for once you really got the hang of it.

% - Applying Vinyl Graphics to Substrate
% - Laminating Prints
% - Masking Cutout / Printed Graphics
% - Other (Please Describe How You Use Yours On Various Other Types Of Projects)

Thanks for feedback. I'm not in the market for one. But I want to know more about them for what may come in the future...

toodark

Is bubble-free pro application table discontinued? I keep getting error on emails and out of order on telephone numbers. HMMMM?

ikarasu

Many of the models in this thread are really cool inventions. Sign equipment is just cool...

Curious as to how many of the current users have flatbed printers as well. Did you have the flatbed before or purchase one after your roller applicator was purchased?

I wish I had few of the models in this thread. I like to use traditional style laminators. We do apply graphics to ACM when we don't want to risk head strikes on the printer for larger sizes, so that would be cool to have for those. They just look so cool and I want one for that reason alone..lol.

What percentage do you use the applicator for once you really got the hang of it.

% - Applying Vinyl Graphics to Substrate
% - Laminating Prints
% - Masking Cutout / Printed Graphics
% - Other (Please Describe How You Use Yours On Various Other Types Of Projects)

Thanks for feedback. I'm not in the market for one. But I want to know more about them for what may come in the future...
We have a flatbed printer and laminator.

What do we use the laminator for? Applying prints to aluminum, applying cut vinyl to substrates like acyrlic, backlit media, etc. While uv printing is great... It's not as nice or as lasting as solvent / latex. Our flatbed is pretty much used for coro signs.. Even acm we either scree print or roll to roll.

If a print is under 10 ft we laminate it on the table... Not only does it take 2 minutes to cut the lam and apply it in the table, rather than 10 to setup a different on the laminator, but your wasting less material because you don't have to web it through the laminator.

We use it to do all our premasking.

The possibilities are endless. If you're a medium sized shop, or do enough application and have the space... A flatbed applicator really is the best investment. Ours is used 8 hours a day, every single day.